Help Tia Get to the Olympics in Shooting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Mako

Help Tia Get to the Olympics in Shooting

Post by Mako »

Go to her facebook page, and check out the "jewelry" that she's shooting and making to raise money to buy a Walter LG300 rifle:

http://www.facebook.com/TiaImel

THAT's the type of ingenuity and work ethic that will get her places!

I threw in a bit extra, and I wanted the "raw" quarter ... not deburred and polished
Attachments
2905_365945823485561_353048953_n.jpg
2905_365945823485561_353048953_n.jpg (35 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

I just ordered a necklace. It will look good hanging from my rearview mirror. Remind me I need to practice daily so I don't get beat by to many little girls lol.

Bo
travisimel

Yes it is ok to shoot quarters - Same as press penny machine

Post by travisimel »

A letter from the US Mint about Turning Coins into souvenirs. Yes, it is ok!
“As you are already aware, a federal statute in the criminal code of the United States (18 U.S.C. 331), indeed makes it illegal if one "fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales or lightens" any U.S. coin. However, being a criminal statute, a fraudulent intent is required for violation. Thus, the mere act of compressing coins into souvenirs is not illegal, without other factors being present.
Section 475, which you refer to in your letter, regarding the attachment of notice or advertisement to legal tender, does not apply to your souvenirs in this case. Your are not impressing or attaching a business or professional card, notice or advertisement to a coin, your are simply making an impression on the coin.
Sincerely,Kenneth B. Gubin, Counsel to the Mint
nester

Post by nester »

Sent $25.