stock for Feinwerkbau 300SU

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

peashooter

stock for Feinwerkbau 300SU

Post by peashooter »

I've had a few people ask to see how I made a stock for the fwb300S. Picture attached hopefully.
I'm quite tall so the stock was proportioned accordingly. Its adjustable, but only for small amounts. I made it to meet ISSF rules.
If I was to make it again I would use aluminium - the one I made was steel because that was what I had to hand. I'd use a "standard" match buttplate as well - I just didn't have one to hand, so had to make one.
The rifle worked very well for me. Shot a few 100s with it in practice. The 300 is inherently very accurate, its just fitting the rifle to the person that helps, compared to the original stock. I have since moved to a fwb602 but have yet to do as well with it - its all to do with fit.
Attachments
005 resized 2.jpg
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

What a good idea. And a handsome result!
point177

Re: stock for Feinwerkbau 300SU

Post by point177 »

Fantastic.....Simple and Practical.......

Manish
peashooter wrote:I've had a few people ask to see how I made a stock for the fwb300S. Picture attached hopefully.
I'm quite tall so the stock was proportioned accordingly. Its adjustable, but only for small amounts. I made it to meet ISSF rules.
If I was to make it again I would use aluminium - the one I made was steel because that was what I had to hand. I'd use a "standard" match buttplate as well - I just didn't have one to hand, so had to make one.
The rifle worked very well for me. Shot a few 100s with it in practice. The 300 is inherently very accurate, its just fitting the rifle to the person that helps, compared to the original stock. I have since moved to a fwb602 but have yet to do as well with it - its all to do with fit.