Häring EL3 Target runner

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

jcar

Häring EL3 Target runner

Post by jcar »

Is anyone here familiar with the Häring EL3 target runner? I'm looking for information on the power requirements for the unit. It appears that the unit has a wall mounted power supply. I'm wondering if it could be replaced with a U.S. 110v version.

http://www.haering-gmbh.de/site-uk/EL3-uk.html
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

We have 6 of them and yes they do configure them for North American electrical standards. They work great and were very reasonable.
jcar

Post by jcar »

Is the wall plug permanently attached to the unit or does it plug in to the back of the unit?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It plugs in then has a wall wart.
jcar

Post by jcar »

Thanks for the information Richard. That's what I was hoping to hear. I'm thinking about picking one up while in Germany. I can use it in the US by replacing the wall wart with one made for 110v 60hz and the right output voltage.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Next time at the club I'll get the info off the unit for you.
jcar

Post by jcar »

Thanks, I appreciate it.
jipe

Post by jipe »

There are two types of Häring EL3:
- the new one with an external AC/DC converter.
- the older ione with an internal powersupply and a 220V cable/plug. With this one you cannot change the AC/DC powersupply unit.

You can esily recognize them: the old model has a red illuminated main power switch on the front panel, opposite side to the operating lever.

We have both models and it seems that the new one is less reliable than the old one (we bought 10 new models end 2011 and two failed and were replaced by Häring under warranty. This never happened with the old model).
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

We have both models and it seems that the new one is less reliable than the old one (we bought 10 new models end 2011 and two failed and were replaced by Häring under warranty. This never happened with the old model).
Interesting, we have had a similar experience; 2 failures out of 11 changers. However in both cases it was a fault on the circuit board and Haring replaced them straightaway.

Rutty
jipe

Post by jipe »

Haring didb't give any explanation for the failure.

The failure was twice the same: when the problems appears, you have to push two or more time the operating lever to send or receive the target. It doesn't happen each time, sometimes it works at the first push, others you need to push twice or more. Then, suddenly, it doesn't work anymore, i.e. you push the lever and nothing happens, the unit is dead.

One of the two failures happened almost immediately after the installation of the new units. The second happened after a couple of months.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Ours were bought recently and have been used extensively and we haven't had any problems as of yet so hopefully they've fixed it.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Ours (10 pieces) were bought in Q4 2011.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Ours are Q1 2012.
jipe

Post by jipe »

After a little less than one year of use, a third Häring EL3 target runner of the one we bought Q4 2011 failed with the same problem as the two that failed begin of this year.

I contacted our dealer telling him that 3 target runner that failed in less than one year wasn't normal and that, even if they didn't failed yet, I wasn't trusting the remaining ones anymore.

Again without any explanation for the cause of the failure, Häring decided to replace under warranty all our remaining EL3 new model target runner (i.e. all the EL3 delivered in Q4 2011 less the two that were already replaced under warranty begin of 2012) !
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Sounds like good customer service.