10 meter clubs For ASU (AZ)??

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shootright

10 meter clubs For ASU (AZ)??

Post by shootright »

We are helping a ASU (Tempe, AZ) shooting club form 10 meter rifle and pistol clubs. Than we will look into pulling from those clubs and help ASU build a collegian team. We are looking for others that would like to help out at our with training, coaching and input???
We are all volunteers trying to bring back these sports ASU lost over 10 years ago.
cgroppi

Re: 10 meter clubs For ASU (AZ)??

Post by cgroppi »

shootright wrote:We are helping a ASU (Tempe, AZ) shooting club form 10 meter rifle and pistol clubs. Than we will look into pulling from those clubs and help ASU build a collegian team. We are looking for others that would like to help out at our with training, coaching and input???
We are all volunteers trying to bring back these sports ASU lost over 10 years ago.
I'm a professor at ASU, and shoot 10m air pistol. Back in high school and college, I shot 10m air rifle. I'd be happy to help.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

keep me informed, I may be able to help coach.

Poole
shootright

cgroppi, Bill Poole and anyone else ASU airrifle and pistol

Post by shootright »

We had our first meeting tonight in MU room 202. We have shot gun side and 10 meter rifle and pistol plus archery indoor.
Yes we will need help I had about 15 people who want to start shooting airgun. Next Friday we are going to have free range day all we ask is a small donation.

Once we get going we are going to have some on Tuesday and some on Thursday. For now we are going to start off with Sporter rifle and move some of the kids into precision rifle next year. We are going to start 10 meter pistol also.
Down the road we are going to add 3p Small Bore Bill do you think PR&G could help with that?

We need all the help we can get?
I'm going to do to setup training course day.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

PRGC's junior program shoots only NCAA style smallbore at this time and is very enthusiastically supported by the adult NRA prone smallbore shooters. There is a coach (retired John Jay college coach) and plenty of equipment. We could probably get something going.

The bullseye pistol group also runs olympic pistol and olympic air rifle and they too would welcome new shooters.

Poole
bill at poole dot com
shootright

Bill

Post by shootright »

Bill we will get started with training get the Students shooting airgun for now. I'm the Airgun coach we are looking for more help and our airgun range is the ASU home range and practice range.
The only shooters off site will be shotgun Ben Avery and when we start SB we will have to talk about PG&R.

Bill does PR&G have a shotgun trap and skeet area?? For now they are going to go to use Ben Avery (long drive).
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Rob ... remember when you do sectionals, those shooters firing sporter can still compete in the air-standing event ... they are at a disadvantage, but we have many shooters shooting sporter guns in our air sectional.
GCSInc

Starting a Collegiate Rifle Program

Post by GCSInc »

Joel / Bill Poole

I'm sending you both a doc. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Roy