Adjusting Walther GSP Two Stage Trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
shadow

Adjusting Walther GSP Two Stage Trigger

Post by shadow »

I have an older Walther GSP 22LR (non Expert) with the 1,000 gram 2 stage trigger. It has been tinkered with over the years. Does anyone have the steps to take to adjust it properly. I have the exploded diagram and what screw does what. What I need is a write up on what to do first. Also, what is a good distribution of the weight between the first and second stage. How do you measure the weight on the first stage without the second stage going off. Right now it feels like the first stage is all free play and then a hard second stage. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I only use the single stage trigger but do have a 3MB file with the GSP manual which includes the adhjustment of the 2 stage trigger. Send me your e-mail and I'll forward it to you.
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

Use the screw on top to back of the second stage then make the first stage go off at 700 - 800 grams.
Next step is to use the screw on top and as soon as it interfer and make the trigger go off at 1060 grams you are done. The screw at the back for the second stage is only used for "fine tuning". If you whant a nice clean brake, use the screw on top.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The Walther Website has the instructions for the GSP as well as the 10P files on Pilkingtons website.

As for measuring first stage weight, you just need to do it carefully by feel, I use the Lyman digital trigger gage. Is it 100% accurate no but then it really doesn't matter, it gives me a good ballpark idea.