what target sight set fits the Anschutz Achiever ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

405gap

what target sight set fits the Anschutz Achiever ?

Post by 405gap »

Hello, I have the Anschutz Achiever without the target sights. Can anyone tell me what sight set I need for 50 yard setup? Thank you.
justadude

Post by justadude »

For the rear, any of the Anschutz sights will fit. Recall, this is an Achiever so you don't need to go nuts with a 7020 sight set.

The front is a bit trickier, the Achiever I am familiar with has a dovetail cut into the barrel. I am not sure if that is the standard dovetail for 19xx and on or if it was a little smaller to go with the smaller diameter barrel.

'Dude
405gap

Post by 405gap »

The dovetail on the front of the barrel is a smaller size than the rear dovetail mount.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Looking at some specific numbers while any Anschutz rear sight will fit either the #6705 or 6805 would be the most appropriate. The magic here is the model number ending in xx05. These sights had a cast frame and were a bit lighter than the sights ending in xx02 which are the high end model. Ideally you will find something with 6 clicks to the minute adjustment. Mostly for practicality sake. This is a beginner rifle so extra fine clicks would not really be appropriate.

I recall the front of the Achiever had a narrow dovetail and the intended front sight the inserts could be changed by by squeezing a spring loaded plunger rather than the more traditional screw in clamp. The clamping mechanism was a little simpler than most of the other front sights.

The person to call on this might be Neal Stepp at International Shooter Service (817) 595-2090.

Cheers,
'Dude
405gap

Post by 405gap »

Thanks for your help.