Matt Emmons- Bronze

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Ted

Matt Emmons- Bronze

Post by Ted »

As I don't have a paid subscription, I didn't see video but, was able to capture finals results. Matt got third with a 7.6 being his last shot. Glad he got a medal. Campriani was really on. Anyone see the results live and what are you thoughts?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I just saw the final on NBC Sports network. He had the silver until his last shot did him in again. I didn't think the last shot would get him again, but he medaled.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Freepistol wrote:I just saw the final on NBC Sports network. He had the silver until his last shot did him in again. I didn't think the last shot would get him again, but he medaled.

sadly the 'last shot' gets him all too frequently. I've seen him shoot a couple of world cups and he's done the same in some of them over the last couple of years. I'm surprised he hasnt overcome this with the help of a sport psychologist, but I don't doubt it isn't more difficult than it sounds on paper.

Rob.
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

All the finals were live on:
http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html
and still are there...

BTW, have you seen Matt Emmons throwing his bronze medal away? :-)

This Monday was not his day in 100%, but anyway he has got an olympic medal once more! Congratulations.
Last edited by Grzegorz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Here in the U. S. we can;t view this unless we have a pay per view.cable tv/satellite subscription. Thanks NBC!!!
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

Oh... sorry, I was sure that the problem of censoring Internet concerns another countries ;-)
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

BTW, have you seen Matt Emmons throwing his bronze medal away? :-)
So, as this coverage was not accesible for everyone and I do not want to let any impression that Matt Emmons did something wrong with his medal, I need explain that this was like video-gag - when he was throwing flowers to the spectators his medal was thrown as well just in oposite direction... :-)
anschutz

Post by anschutz »

Yep, he didn't mean to throw it, it got caught as he was throwing some flowers to someone, only went a few feet in front of him
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

When I discuss with shooters in Poland, it appears that Matt Emmons is considered as one of the most likable sportsman. Due to all these "olympic accidents" and the way he manages with that, one knows at least he is a human, not a cold-mind cyborg... Great shooter!
Simkovitch

Post by Simkovitch »

Matt is a great guy.
I'm glad he got a medal for his effort this time.

We were all waiting to see what will happen in the last shot and grabbed our heads when we saw the score...
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Grzegorz wrote:When I discuss with shooters in Poland, it appears that Matt Emmons is considered as one of the most likable sportsman. Due to all these "olympic accidents" and the way he manages with that, one knows at least he is a human, not a cold-mind cyborg... Great shooter!
If you are in competition with him in the finals of a match of course you like him LMAO. Just Kidding......
anschutz

Post by anschutz »

You'll always get the experts giving their opinions, you know the ones they talk a good score but never shoot one.
Just take a look at his achievements on the ISSF site, not many others around can match that
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

Yep, you have to make the final to have trouble in the final. Matt is a good guy. I hope he doesn't beat himself up over it.