London Games

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gn303

London Games

Post by gn303 »

For those who missed the mail from the Olympic check this page and ask to be informed about the sport you are interested in (which is shooting of course): http://view.comms.london2012.com/v/XHUV ... 1&FORMAT=H.
If we want to mark our presence, I think this is a way.
Guy
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

This could be interesting- when I went to that link your info was pre-entered on the page, including your email (although with a couple digits asterisked out.) I didn't think much of it, and just keyed in my preferences and email address and entered it. However, the next page then said, "An email message has been sent to the email address you provided confirming the changes made to your preferences." I'm wondering if I just changed your info to my email address, the next one who goes on will be changing it from my address to theirs, and we will end up just passing around access to one account.

Thanks,
Ted
gn303

London Games

Post by gn303 »

Indeed Ted, it looks more complicated then at first glance. It is possible that when a new user updates the page, it works as a new registration, but I'm not sure either.
A pity I received this so late, because I hoped that David Levene had a better insight.
Nevertheless, if it is a way to show that our shooting community is not a dying specie, we should use it.
Thanks for trying and sharing your experience.
Guy
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

i think the link you sent is specific to you (Fred?) and I updated your favorite sports by mistake...
gn303

Post by gn303 »

No problem! We see how it works out.
Guy
FredB

strange programming

Post by FredB »

Bill Poole wrote:i think the link you sent is specific to you (Fred?) and I updated your favorite sports by mistake...
Actually I clicked on the link earlier, saw Ted's name etc. and then filled in my name, email and preferences, just to see what happened. I got an immediate email confirming what I had done. Later I got another email stating that I had updated my preferences. When I clicked on that link, it showed that my name and email remained the same, but my sport preferences had been changed, presumably by Bill. This is some pretty flaky programming indeed!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, as Guy says, if we each get actual sport-related emails as promised. In any case, I hope it will work out OK as long as we all keep shooting as our first preference!

FredB
gn303

London Games

Post by gn303 »

I tried this link. And that seems to work.

https://secure.london2012.com/preferenc ... te.cfm?s=1

Good luck and good shooting!
Guy
Ted

Post by Ted »

I don't have cable or any direct tv/etc. So am I screwed as to wanting to watch shooting events live? What can I do?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Ted wrote:I don't have cable or any direct tv/etc. So am I screwed as to wanting to watch shooting events live? What can I do?
PM sent