Perry scores

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Rover

Perry scores

Post by Rover »

John Zurek of Phoenix Rod and Gun Club won the .22 National Championship at Camp Perry with an 893-35X. That was six points ahead of the next guy.

You can follow the matches here:

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/perryscore ... px?mid=101
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

That is a great 22 score for John. You fail to mention who that "other guy" is? Brian is tough to beat. I see Kimberly Hobart is rolling through the competition again. I shot with her in the early 90's, and I haven't kept track of how many woman's championships she has won, but I know it is quite a few.
Chris
Rover

Post by Rover »

John won the .45 Championship, too, but bombed in CF to place 3rd overall, with Zins winning all the marbles (again!).

The "other guy" was John's fellow Marine Brian Zins in both .22 and .45.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Rover
What does Zurek use for centerfire?
Does he shoot his 45?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yes
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

I just returned from Perry today. Here, as a supplement to the scores, are my observations:

The weather was great. The only rain we had was a quick shower on Monday night and a light sprinkle this morning during the first relay of the President's 100. The wind was mild (by Perry standards) with no need to strap down the gun boxes all week. Forty-five day (Saturday) was especially nice, with overcast skies and only a light breeze.

The competitors were treated this year to canopies over the assembly lines. I've missed the past four years but I heard that those were new for 2012.

The turning target mechanisms are showing their age. We had multiple range alibis on Range 3 and at least one on Range 4 which made for some long relays. Fortunately there were no eagles or boats in the impact area.

Larry Carter put a $2 "Perry Bucks" coin in each competitor's packet that could be spent at most of the vendors on Commercial Row. Then, in between holding his annual UltraDot picnic, running his shop, and raising funds for junior shooters, he placed in the top two in the .45 Slow Fire match. Kudos to you, Larry.

The module housing near Commercial Row looks fine but has been condemned. I heard that the reason is mold.

The cut-off score for the President's 100 this year was something like a 345, which seems awfully low to me. The conditions were good so I don't know why the scores weren't higher.

There were slim pickings at the Thursday night swap meet on base, but it was still better than no swap meet at all. I wish I had brought some of my own stuff to sell.