Which ISSF Pistol?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Denton

Which ISSF Pistol?

Post by Denton »

Hi Everyone,
Looking for some advice, I'm very keen to purchase something I can use for ISSF type comps, 25 metre stuff, not necseearily rapid fire I just want something that I *could* use, future proof if you like....I am considering either a Walther GSP Expert or Pardini SP, .22 cal.
I have shot before but only with a Sig Mosquito which I used for some plinking. I have small hands and would like something with a good amount of adjustment, and not too front end heavy ideally..
Can anyone give me advice on which would suit my needs? Or indeed suggest a different psitol, I'm very much open to idea's?
Thks,
D.
TB

Post by TB »

If you don't want a front heavy pistol neither the GSP or Pardini is a good choise. In that case I would go for a Feinwerkbau AW93 or a Walther SSP. Both should also be suitable for small hands.

Use the search funktion. There is a lot of usefull information in the archives of this forum.
slofyr

Re: Which ISSF Pistol?

Post by slofyr »

Denton wrote:...I have small hands and would like something with a good amount of adjustment, and not too front end heavy ideally....
I suspect that with small hands you might also be of small stature. If that is the case, overall weight of most standard pistols is going to be challenging.

The previously mentioned Walther SSP is lightweight, can be setup light at the muzzle, and is also quite adjustable. It has a downside, though, of build complexity.

If you're stepping up from a Sig Mosquito, a more than satisfactory jump for your need would be the Hammerli X-esse. From a function standpoint, it is a joy to shoot and simple to maintain. It's certainly accurate, and it can be used without the accessory barrel weights giving it a very neutral balance. Grip mass and trigger reach fit small hands. Put a Rink on it and go chase the 10-ring, it will surprise you. Sometimes less can be more. http://tinyurl.com/cbq3oh4
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

The Morini CM22 might be vialbe option as well. A Parini with the weights in the muzzle shroud removed might be fairly light weight.

I would rule out the Matchguns MG2 if you're looking to avoid a muzzle heavy pistol.

Good luck in your search,

Brian
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

mg2 front weight (either the standard or the rf version) is made in 2 versions, steel and aluminum. my mg2 with the rf alu weight is if remember correctly about 990gr same as my air pistol.
cm22 alu is also a very light pistol. my dentist has one and it feels very light even with all its weights on.
lg2011

Post by lg2011 »

I have a Morini CM22M that I’m selling. One year old, very accurate, in excellent condition with very little use. The grip is large so you will have to buy the small grip at Pilkington. Rink grip will take 3 months to deliver. Pm me if you are interested.
Lg2011
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Brian James wrote:The Morini CM22 might be vialbe option as well. A Parini with the weights in the muzzle shroud removed might be fairly light weight.

I would rule out the Matchguns MG2 if you're looking to avoid a muzzle heavy pistol.

Good luck in your search,

Brian
Having shot a Morini CM22 (steel), several Pardini models and a FWB AW93 light, I think all of these are capable of meeting your needs. The steel CM22 is not very heavy, and the Pardinis (with the weights removed) would work, too. The FWB light is very impressive, too.

Stan
Denton

Post by Denton »

Thanks for all the replies guys,
Much appreciated.

Denton.