Olympian Munkhbayar Dorjsuren switches back to AW93 from SSP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
diathermic

Olympian Munkhbayar Dorjsuren switches back to AW93 from SSP

Post by diathermic »

Does anyone know why Munkhbayar from Germany switched back to shooting her AW93? She was shooting an SSP in Beijing and was Walther's big poster-person for it.
In 2008:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13159586@N07/3122673581/
and 2010 in Beijing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oYcVu_HWzg&t=22s
Today (well, at London this year):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKq1Jcrx4Q&t=2m25s
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Maybe, in an olympic year, results are more important than sponsoring...
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

As I recall, she had switched her (previously also Walther) air pistol before, and Walther hence did no longer approve of her representation of the SSP.

Alexander
trinity

Post by trinity »

It is possible that she just wanted a different feel. I know I have numerous pistols and from time to time, switch between them when I run into some sort of brain block with how one feels. A while ago, I was shooting poorly with my Morini 162EI, so I switched to my LP10, shot well, felt easy. Then, recently, started having real issues with shooting the LP10, went back to the Morini, and voila, it feels great and shoots great.

It also is possible, that the SSP's reliability is causing her issues. It seems that no matter what match I am at, someone with an SSP on the line will have a malfunction. It seems that you have to be super diligent in cleaning the gun. Remember Gundegmaa Otryad at the 2008 Olympics final had a malfunction with her SSP.

-trinity
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The SSP does need to be cleaned, about every 500 rnds. Since religiously cleaning mine every 500 rounds or sooner I haven't had any malfunctions in 2 and a half bricks of ammo.

It definitely is not like the GSP with regards to functioning and cleaning.

I want to try the electronic version. It will go with my still functioning Walther electronic free pistol.

I think she's on Twitter and Facebook, ask her, I'm sure she'd tell you.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Here are the reasons, by herself:

(Author: Andreas Müller)
Nach ihrem verpatzten EM-Auftritt am vergangenen Wochenende mit einem ernüchternden 24. Platz in Belgrad/Serbien hat Munkhbayar Dorjsuren mit ihrem bisherigen Sportpistolenhersteller wohl endgültig abgeschlossen. Für die Olympia-Dritte von Peking, die seit 2003 von jeder EM eine Einzel oder Team-Medaille mitbrachte, bedeutet dieser Abschied einen historischen Einschnitt. In der Disziplin Luftpistole hat sie den Wechsel bereits vollzogen. In mehr als 20 Jahren ihrer aktiven sportlichen Karriere, die einst zuhause in der Mongolei begann, hielt sie den Sportwaffen der Firma die Treue. Zuletzt war die 42-Jährige jährige Wahl-Münchnerin bei dem Hersteller sogar als PR-Referentin und Repräsentantin beruflich unter Vertrag.

„Seit dem 1. Juli ist das anders, der Vertrag wurde im beiderseitigen Einvernehmen aufgelöst. Meines Erachtens gibt es inzwischen für mich bessere Produkte. Bei der Luftpistole ist meine Entscheidung schon gefallen. Bei der Sportpistole ist es noch nicht endgültig, ob ich bei den Olympischen Spielen 2012 in London mit einer anderen Marke antreten werde“, berichtet Munkhbayar Dorjsuren, die der Einfachheit halber oft nur „Munki“ gerufen wird. „Nach diesem Entschluss zum Wechsel des Sportgeräts konnte ich natürlich nicht länger dort arbeiten. Das passt ja nicht zusammen.“

Source:
https://www.sporthilfe.de/Meisterschuet ... istole.dsh
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

That answers that question.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

As mangled by Bing translator - but gives the gist of it

After its botched EM appearance last weekend with a sobering 24 place in Belgrade/Serbia, Munkhbayar Dorjsuren probably finally concluded with their previous sports pistol manufacturer. For the Olympic third from Beijing, which brought a single or team medal since 2003 each em, this departure means a historical turning point. In the air pistol has taken place they already change. In more than 20 years of their active sporting career that began in the Mongolia once at home, she held the loyalty of the weapons of the company. Most recently, the 42 year old year old choice Münchnerin in the manufacturer even as a PR Manager and representative was professionally under contract."Since July 1 that is different, the contract was terminated by mutual agreement." I believe that there is now better products for me. My decision has been already in the air pistol. "When the sporting gun it is still not final, whether I 2012 will compete at the Olympic Games in London with another brand," reported Munkhbayar Dorjsuren, called for simplicity, often only "Munki". "I could work after this decision to move the Sportgeräts course not longer there." "That does not fit together Yes."
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

That definitely answers that.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

The second part deals with the fact that she had become "disenchanted" with the previous weapon and has now made different arrangements. She is currently very happy with her choices in both AP and WSP. Nothing is clearer than a translation (mediocre or otherwise). So I guess the SSP has caught up with another shooter, and she seems to be following in the Asian-wide adoption of the AW93 for WSP. "Doc"
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Here is her current release official photograph within the German (DSB) olympic team 2012, together with her current air pistol.

While her pictorial presence is not quite as, errrrr, enticing as that of Beate Gauss in a certain other location (now I wonder who will catch the allusion), her wild hairstyle on the pic is remarkable and appealing. She looks 5 years younger. :-)

http://www.dsb.de/media/EVENTS/2012/OS/ ... jsuren.jpg

Alexander
scerir

Post by scerir »

I have another picture of her current air pistol
Attachments
Munki.jpg
Munki.jpg (14.73 KiB) Viewed 6926 times
BenEnglishTX

Post by BenEnglishTX »

Alexander wrote:...Beate Gauss...(now I wonder who will catch the allusion)...
Everyone, I think.
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

BenEnglishTX wrote:
Alexander wrote:...Beate Gauss...(now I wonder who will catch the allusion)...
Everyone, I think.

tis amazing what photoshop can do innit!!
scerir

Post by scerir »

Dorjsuren used the LP2, not the LP10 (as I thought)
Attachments
dorj.jpg
dorj.jpg (37.35 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
scerir

Post by scerir »

close-up
Attachments
dorj2.jpg
dorj2.jpg (20.79 KiB) Viewed 6438 times
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

scerir wrote:Dorjsuren used the LP2, not the LP10 (as I thought)
Looks more like an LP10E with an LP2 barrel and front sight.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yes
conradin

Post by conradin »

LP-2. She just kept the LP-10E grip. Everything else is LP-2.
scerir

Post by scerir »

trigger tongue = LP10E
bolt = LP10
grip = LP10E (notice the battery cover on the side of the grip)
air stripper = LP2
barrel = LP2