Not fair

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

firefirst

Not fair

Post by firefirst »

Just ordered a IZH-46M off this site and I feel great, the not fair part, just got off line looking for pellets and found just what is was looking for great. They want to charge me for shipping thats ok but I wanted about $40.00 to $50.00 worth of stuff and shipping is about $30.00 so Wal-mart here I come, well Sling-Shot here in town they have RWS, and the targets, O and cleaning pellets I like this fourm good shooting
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Shipping pellets is like ..... well shipping lead!

Try smallbore ammo ... on that you have to add HazMat as well
Abi

Post by Abi »

It is my understanding that there isn't a hazmat fee for assembled ammunition, only for powder and primers.

Shipping should not be that high. Either the seller is using a shipping table based on purchase price, or unrealistic weight estimates. A different shipping provider could be used; there is a huge difference in the prices between providers, and some offer flat-rate boxes...
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't get gouged on shipping. Have your stuff sent via the Post Office in Priority Mail boxes. You can get at least three sleeves in one of the (about) $11 medium size boxes.

Sometimes you have to ask for this. Pilk will do it, as will Champion Shooters Supply.

You'd be a chump not to try RWS Basic in your IZH (see my pellet tests).
randy1952

Shipping

Post by randy1952 »

Rover wrote:Don't get gouged on shipping. Have your stuff sent via the Post Office in Priority Mail boxes. You can get at least three sleeves in one of the (about) $11 medium size boxes.

Sometimes you have to ask for this. Pilk will do it, as will Champion Shooters Supply.

You'd be a chump not to try RWS Basic in your IZH (see my pellet tests).
If the shipper sends like a case of pellets through UPS or FEDEX it will cost around $40 probably closer to $50 with the Obama fuel surcharges thay keep increasing funny they don't seem to go down when fuel prices drop. I asked Neal Stepp at ISS to ship them in the Post Office Flat Rate Boxes and saved on shipping costs.
randy1952

Hazmat

Post by randy1952 »

jhmartin wrote:Shipping pellets is like ..... well shipping lead!

Try smallbore ammo ... on that you have to add HazMat as well
If your getting charged HazMat for regular loaded ammo then you are getting ripped off as the regulations specifically list the components of the ammo (powder and primers) as Hazards Material and not regular loaded ammo. The only loaded ammo that is considered Hazmat is ammo like incendary, gas producing, and other ammo of this type. You can read the specific regulations or table in the Hazmat Table: link http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/te ... .1.1.3.8.2

I worked in a gun store for a number of years and the only time I saw a Hazmat charge for regular loaded ammo was when there was confusion among distributors on the interrupting the rules when they first instituted the rules and most of them were covering their asses and charging hazmat fees. The rules were further clarified and those charges went away on regular loaded ammo.
Misny

Post by Misny »

Anytime I can use the USPS flat rate shipping, I take advantage of it. I shipped an expensive target pistol via UPS and with insurance it cost me over $100.00. Sometimes, since they aren't paying for shipping costs, vendors won't look around for less expensive alternatives like USPS flat rate shipping.