What's going on?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

What's going on?

Post by Rover »

In the past few months at least a half dozen local guys have bought match air pistols (spendy ones, too!).

Do think they may have seen the light?
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I think so, it took me over ten years to get educated.
SMC

Post by SMC »

Hi Rover,

Count me in that group too. I stopped shooting with the PRGC 15 years ago and my air pistols are now unrepairable. Hammerli 480 repair parts are no longer available.

I look forward to meeting you when the season starts in September. The summer delay will give me much needed time to train.

Best,

Steve
Rover

Post by Rover »

Have you tried Pilk? Sometimes the parts are "nothing special" or are easily made.

Neil Stepp at ISS may be able to help you, too. He's an old-timer.

If it's working, that AP should do the job.
SMC

Post by SMC »

I discussed the problems with Larry's guns. They do repair work for Hammerli products. The problem is with the regulators in both guns. Parts are no longer available. Larry considers one to be a parts gun. The other has partial operation but also has a regulator issue.

It is time for a new one.

I like Neil. I used him a lot in the past when I was actively shooting. He is a pleasure to work with. Great service with an even greater attitude.

I am working with Pilk to get a new AP. I am waiting for them to respond to a request for price and availability on one before I place an order. Its been a week and no response yet.

Steve
Rover

Post by Rover »

Watched another guy buy an AP at the match yesterday when the seller upgraded.
SMC

Post by SMC »

The used market is much cheaper than buying new. I can understand the interest in buying a good used AP.

I may have solved the problem with air leaking from my Hammerli 480. I added an o-ring to the threaded part of the air cylinder and it seems to hold air now. We will see if it is a long term fix.

Steve