Vintage Eley Tenex Ammo?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

corning wrote:
justadude wrote:
...(the equivalent of another 1600 plus 5 rounds)...
Unless I am confused, should that be 160, not 1600?

John
I think he meant that it was the equivalent of another 1600 point match (160 shots), plus another 5 shots. So the total record is really a 2050-205X. In other words, a darn long time to be down in position!
justadude

Post by justadude »

Yeah, the 1600 part I was referring to the possible points not the shots fired.

Note that this would be in addition to shooting the regular 160 shots for record so in one day the shooter fired 325 shots for record.

Past the amazing consistency, that is just phenomenal endurance.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
'Dude
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Dude,

You are correct in stating that my friend Dennis' performance showed, "... phenomenal endurance."

However, back in 1972, using "pasteboard" Eley, my All Guard team mate Ed Jensen shot a 200 in a sectional and then followed it up with an additional 500 tens on the A17 target.

That is 520 consecutive tens. Not to take away from Dennis, but Ed's performance defined phenomenal endurance.

When I asked Ed why he stopped after 500 he said he had burned up nearly a brick and half of Eley and thought no one else was dumb enough to make a run on his new record. He had exceeded the previous record by 150 tens set by H.M. Malik, Jr. in 1959 which is still the civilian record and, perhaps, the oldest smallbore rifle National Record in existence.

Regards,

Hap
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Hap,

I am sure that you know that the 50 yard conv. anysight record of 400-40x+165x is Mary Stidworthy's. Are you talking about some record held by Dennis Dingman or Dennis Ghiselli?

Paul B
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

PaulB wrote:Hap,

I am sure that you know that the 50 yard conv. anysight record of 400-40x+165x is Mary Stidworthy's. Are you talking about some record held by Dennis Dingman or Dennis Ghiselli?

Paul B
Paul,

Neither, I am referring to the eighth post and subsequent postings by 'Dude referencing my friend Dennis Lindenbaum's comment in that post.

I am acquainted with the Dingman and Ghiselli but unfortunately cannot claim them as friends.

Best,

Hap