Free Pistol with a Pardini SP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jabberwo

Free Pistol with a Pardini SP?

Post by jabberwo »

That may sound like a silly question, but I've never shot free pistol before but there will be a match in a month I'd like to compete in for the fun of it. I own the SP as well as the Benelli 95E. Am I correct that free pistol must be single shot? Does that have to be by design, or just how you shoot it? I.e. am I allowed to keep the mag in and just hand feed single rounds?

thanks,
Jab
GOVTMODEL

Re: Free Pistol with a Pardini SP?

Post by GOVTMODEL »

jabberwo wrote:That may sound like a silly question, but I've never shot free pistol before but there will be a match in a month I'd like to compete in for the fun of it. I own the SP as well as the Benelli 95E. Am I correct that free pistol must be single shot? Does that have to be by design, or just how you shoot it? I.e. am I allowed to keep the mag in and just hand feed single rounds?

thanks,
Jab
You can shoot the match, but, IIRC, single loading is required.
ModestoPete

Yes

Post by ModestoPete »

I lot of people start out in their first Free Pistol matches shooting a magazine fed pistol.

You just have to load it 1 cartridge at a time.
j-team

Post by j-team »

The single loading rule is one that might not be enforced depending on the level of the match. Just ask first, as the match officials will probably be fine with you putting 5 in the mag each time as long as you shoot them as individual shots.

If it was a local or club level match, and I was the range officer, I would be fine with shooters loading 5 at a time as long as they fired the shots in the spirit of the match.