Keys for shooting box

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Nick Y

Keys for shooting box

Post by Nick Y »

Hi all, I've recently purchased two deluxe pachmayr pistol boxes. Does anyone know where I can get keys for them?
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I think your best bet at this point would be to go to a local lock shop and have them make you one.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If anyone wants your stuff, they'll steal the whole damn box!
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Rover brings up a good point. Unless you are going to use your box as a shipping container, inside your unlocked suitcase, when you fly with your guns, the most likely scenario is having a locked gun box, and a lost or forgotten key at a match. At this point, you either don't shoot, borrow some guns or break the lock on your box. I personally dont know anyone who locks their gun box.
Chris_D

Post by Chris_D »

In some states I believe you have to have the guns locked in a box when transporting them in you vehicle. If I also recall correctly, the ammo also has to be in a locked box and in some areas a separate box from the guns.

Chris
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Another good point Chris. However, for example, in New Jersey, the locked box requirement is only if you do not have a trunk or locking glove box. Anyone know if there are other states more restrictive than Jersey?
Nick Y

keys

Post by Nick Y »

In Canada we have to have trigger locks and be in a locked case/box. I'll have to see what the locksmith can do for me.
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

Is Pachmayr still in business? They may be able to help you.
precisionpistolbox

Post by precisionpistolbox »

I suspect they are the "151" key if they are a what is called a "Medium Case latch." These are available from me for the price of shipping....like a buck.

Pachmayr and a bunch of other makers also made boxes that had a small case lock. These are no longer made as far as I can tell and a locksmith is likely the only hope.

Greg Walloch
Precision Pistol Boxes
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

Good question and one I need an answer to also. I kept my spare key on the side of my box figuing that if someone wanted to steal my guns they would take the whole box. To my dismay someone stold my spare key instead at one of our matches. Left the guns but took the key.

As a side note IL requiers you to have the gun case locked during transportation to and form matches.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

When ever we go from Missouri to Illinois for matches we lock our boxes and have a key attached to the box so we don't forget or lose them. -- Bill --
Nick Y

Post by Nick Y »

Got new keys in the mail yesterday from precision pistol box. Thanks Greg.