Camp Perry Smallbore 3P

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BAtarget

Camp Perry Smallbore 3P

Post by BAtarget »

Does anyone know what targets are used for the 3P smallbore competition? Ive shot the prone championships but this will be my first year doing 3P
Abi

Post by Abi »

7.3 Conventional Position Indoor and Outdoor

50 Yards...A-23/5
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Bucket Targets!
Matt
Thedrifter

Post by Thedrifter »

Ehhh Matt...

What's the nick name you have for the A50?
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

Thanks guys. I really appriciated the rule number with your post Abi. Thanks again
Abi

Post by Abi »

If you ever need a reference for which targets are which, this is a website I sometimes use to look at the pictures and dimensions:

http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/rifle/
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

The match program will usually tell you what targets are to be used, or if all else fails look in the rulebook. You do have a rulebook, right?
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

I do have a rulebook. I have 4. The problem I ran into was that I looked at the official results booklet that was sent after the championships and saw the 50 yard target on the cover, but saw 50 meters written below every indidvidual match. I was like ....ok. I laughed at first cause I thought the guy on the cover hung the wrong target. But I took a look at the scores and I noticed that they were relatively high and I thought 'wait a sec. Why would the NRA use 50 meter targets for 3P' So I looked in the rulebook but couldn't find the rule for targets used in outdoor 3P. I even looked at the Camp Perry and NRA websites and couldn't find any info. So I posted my question on TargetTalk. And got my answer.
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

BA - it should be noted that Camp Perry did not always use those targets, they were changed to the "easy" ones in recent years (though I can't attest to how recent.)
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

oh ok. but i saw 50 meters printed in the results for this past year. Go on the NRA smallbore website and open the PDF file with the results and take a look.