practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

Post by Russ »

I can stop. It is not a problem.
It will be less fun for all of us. :(
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:Dear Gerard, Greg is writing for you, please read it. You have to learn to see outside the box.
Your assumption is wrong about the pistol; I bought it for deferent reason.
I do consulting, sometimes I need different tools. If price is right, I can buy it. What the point of your emotional attachment to the tool?
Do you have tools to do your job?
I have tools to do my job Russ, of course I do. Some I love more than others. My old Austrian knife is a favourite, but so are a few which I've made to a standard higher than the commercial types. Emotional attachment? That's a loaded phrase, but I'll bite. A well made, well tuned tool helps me to express myself better, whether it's carving an f-hole in a doublebass, or shooting nice patterns of holes in a piece of paper. Self-expression is tied to the emotional side of us all, so sure, I guess I'm 'attached' to my tools, at least the ones I like most.

I mentioned your new AP out of curiousity, as it seems odd you would so often tell people not to bother paying $2,000 and more for an AP. Just seemed odd, considering you have now stated you have no intention of competing again. Before you said that I actually thought you might be getting back into competition.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Russ wrote:You guys talking a lot of positive attitude, hard work and self-image.
Take any padlock and try to use all those qualities to open it.
In order to open it what you need is the code, do you like it or not. Any emotional approach, positive attitude or negative attitude will not help to solve this issue.
Padlock image Viewed 29 times. Cool!
Is it some special padlock?
Russ

Post by Russ »

My Lawn mower... do I have to be emotionally attached to this thing to do better my home chores by your theory?
I will also apply Greg’s theory about positive attitude, self-esteem, and self-actualization, you guys such a big help for my last two days!
I hope my lawn will be better and better every time when I need to do this work. :)
Attachments
Lawn mower.jpg
Last edited by Russ on Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

A push mower is good physical exercise. Better too that you have one without a motor.

How was your training today? We need more targets to gage your progress.
We should get you out of your current level in a few months.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:My Lawn mower... do I have to be emotionally attached to this thing to do better my home chores by your theory?
I will also apply Greg’s theory about positive attitude, self-esteem, and self-actualization, you guys such a big help for my last two days!
I hope my lawn will be better and better every time when I need to do this work. :)
About 30 years ago I worked as a landscaper for a summer. Nice job by the way, gets you outside a lot. My boss was very proud of his well tuned reel mower. Cost him $4,000 in 1981. He could mow a good lawn flat as a billiards table, down to about 1/2". I wouldn't have much use for that, I have a guy to mow my lawn...
Russ

Post by Russ »

Well, gentlemen. Next scenario, imagine surgeon who is meditating with his scalpel during the surgery, and applying all positive attitude to this meditation process. Would you like to be the patient during his session? ;)

Will you ask a doctor to which scalpel he is more emotionally attached?

"A scalpel, or lancet, is a small and extremely sharp bladed instrument used for surgery"
Attachments
scalpels.jpg
scalpels.jpg (1.9 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
Last edited by Russ on Thu May 03, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Don't worry be happy. ;)
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

You two just cannot answer simple questions.
What happened?
Lack of positive attitude, or self-esteem....

You guys disqualified from support team, sorry. Time is up. ;)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:Well, gentlemen. Next scenario, imagine surgeon who is meditating with his scalpel during the surgery, and applying all positive attitude to this meditation process. Would you like to be the patient during his session? ;)

Will you ask a doctor to which scalpel he is more emotionally attached?

"A scalpel, or lancet, is a small and extremely sharp bladed instrument used for surgery"
I rather doubt anyone here needs 'scalpel' defined. But sir, sounds good to me. Better than having taken a mere 8 hour course in surgery anyway.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:You two just cannot answer simple questions.
What happened?

My apologies Russ. I was on a shoulder-to-shoulder crowded train, on my way to the club. A bit hard to answer quickly from my phone there.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard wrote:
Russ wrote:You two just cannot answer simple questions.
What happened?

My apologies Russ. I was on a shoulder-to-shoulder crowded train, on my way to the club. A bit hard to answer quickly from my phone there.
"I have a guy to mow my lawn..."

Can you afford a car payment? ;)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote: Can you afford car payment? ;)
Sure. But why would I pay for a car? Horrible smelly things. I've never been a driver. Bicycles, running, or public transit suit me just fine. Just now I was meeting a fellow to buy a pair of panniers for my daughter, who is riding across Canada this summer, and with the complicated locations for that and the club and the timing a train and bus and walking made sense. Do you drive everywhere Russ? Perhaps you should pay more attention to fitness, as well as helping reduce emissions.
Russ

Post by Russ »

I’m sorry Gerard, my initial positive thought was that you are wealthy enough and can pay for own car to avoid such inconvenience "I was on a shoulder-to-shoulder crowded train, " ;)

It is somewhat OK to have a car. How about your partner Greg?
Is he going "Green" too? :)
Last edited by Russ on Wed May 02, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

could be?
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Dear Greg,
In sales, my friend positive attitude is the key!
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:I’m sorry Gerard, my initial positive thought was that you are wealthy enough and can pay for own car to avoid such inconvenience "I was on a shoulder-to-shoulder crowded train, " ;)

It is somewhat OK to have a car. How about your partner Greg?
Is he going "Green" too? :)
So now you are bringing this game down to the level of comparing cars, salaries, and even, sadly, homosexual innuendo Russ. Okay, I'll play.

It seems, from your recent obsession with tools, that we might have found the root of your difficulties in both selling your services and general social interaction: a sense of inadequacy around tool size and/or quality. I'm really sorry Russ, but there is nothing we can do here for that.
Russ

Post by Russ »

People are buying houses without knowledge of the current market value, because of positive attitude and emotional approach.
NOW we have foreclosure and short sales 95% everywhere.

If approach was initially logical we will have different picture today.
Russ

Post by Russ »

"I'm really sorry Russ, but there is nothing we can do here for that."

Stay positive Gerard , your time will come. :)
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:People are buying houses without knowledge of the current market value, because of positive attitude and emotional approach.
NOW we have foreclosure and short sales 95% everywhere.

If approach was initially logical we will have different picture today.
In your professional opinion Russ, how logical is it to try for several years to sell your consulting services in a free public forum, without paying your host for this free advertising (hundreds of postings pushing your seminars, not 3 as you keep saying), all the while subjecting shooters whose results are in your lofty opinion inadequate to verbal abuse? Just askin'.