practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Russ

Post by Russ »

For my humble opinion it is good for Guinness World Records. :)
8 hours two in days, 2,5 moth of support.
I still feel good about it!
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

The grouping look small but irregular. With so few shots it is hard to evaluate. I see you are trying. Don't get too caught up with trying to set records. They just happen, when they happen. Focus on one shot at a time. AP and FP are like a marathon, not a sprint. Getting to the finish line without a firm understanding of how you got there will not sustain you over the long haul. You see that in your targets don't you. One good one followed by a not so good one.You need to work on a steady flow.

Good day? ;)
Russ

Post by Russ »

I am glad that you respect John Robinson’s achievement as well!
Take care! Please remember that coaches help make your dream come true!
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

More good
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

My dear friend Greg, I didn’t left my apartment in 2007 to get prepared for AP 2007 USAS National and take gold and silver medals in Canadian Airgun Grand Prix.
No electronic devices, 90% dry fire and complete understanding what to do.
I purchased IZH 35M from my friend moth before USAS 2007 National and took it for shooting range two times. I took 11th place.
I took my TOZ-35M to the local gun range at the Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area
Probably 7or 9 times and I took 7th place.

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrai ... PRK&id=485
Last edited by Russ on Wed May 02, 2012 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

This is good- see dry firing pays off. You are a good student, and in listening mode. Now we just need more matches for you. Do you have access to a range? Maybe you can find an indoor venue since wind may be affecting those shot groups.

You are a good student. ;)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Probably you do not have the same capacity as your coach, this is why you stop competing is it correct?
Dry fire is always good, if you know what to do. ;)
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

No?
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

I took my new AP to shooting range to check functionality only. I stop practicing after last shot in FP Final in 2007 USAS National and have no desire to continue.
I know what I’m capable of and can gain to this level in very short period of time; I just do not see any reasons to invest my time on it.
I found more interesting to work with international students and assists them with their progress. This is what I am patient about at this moment.
We do the same thing. You selling equipment, I’m providing training how to use it with more successful way.
I do not see any discrepancy with public interests.
Russ

Post by Russ »

If it is all about money, tell me the price. So far every one is pretending that coaching is free? ;)
Nothing is free in this life.
Last edited by Russ on Thu May 03, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Traditional coaching is selection process. Selection for more talented individuals.
I do not care about talent!
I do something different. I need someone with desire, but not only moderate wishes.
Who can repeat what I did with Mr. John Robinson?
Last edited by Russ on Thu May 03, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:If it is all about money, tell me the price. So far every one pretending that coaching is free? ;)
Nothing is free in this life.
How wonderfully capitalist of you Russ! Some of us, contrary to your apparently deeply held and cynical belief system, feel that the old adage you quote is something less than a satisfying perspective. 'Free' is exactly what everything should be, as it has been in gentler times and places where a greedy few had not usurped the rights of the populace with such barbarisms as money.

Of course we live within this top-down imposed monetary system, where 'enterprise' translates to 'selfishness' instead of the truer meaning of 'energy' and 'creativity,' so we must earn money in order to survive and thrive. But does this mean we must completely abdicate our responsibilities to our fellow humans? Does mere survival within a corrupt institutional situation, however short-lived it might be (a few more centuries at most before any trace of capitalism crumbles, my guess is that it'll happen within the next 50 years), mean that we must reduce ourselves to such stupifyingly inane maxims as "nothing in this life is free"? Do try and think outside the box you've put yourself inside, Russ.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard, first of all I would like to thank you that you mentioned name of John Robinson on this thread.
Second, let me explain my position.
If we can eliminate professionals from this event it will be more fare competition. If it is not possible we have create solution to access to the similar sources as they do.
Open source of information like forum will move talented guys to higher level of performance (they can read too, I hope;). I would like to provide opportunity to everyone who do not have support from government or OTC. By the way, I have my own needs and bills too.
v76

Post by v76 »

Russ wrote:We do the same thing. You selling equipment, I’m providing training how to use it with more successful way.
I do not see any discrepancy with public interests.
Nope. Greg isn't a strolling advertisement.
Russ wrote: I would like to provide opportunity to everyone who do not have support from government or OTC. By the way, I have my own needs and bills too.
Then do as you preach and become a forum sponsor already!

It seems like your involvement in time and energy spent here has seen a good return on investment so far, being that you spend a lot of it on here. Your own coaching subforum may not be that far away. Just need a positive outlook on the steps towards your goal and its outcome. And a response that is less emotional.

Loctite anyone?
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

"Nothing is Free" Happy trails :)
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Each decision has cons and pros. I found some topics interesting and trying to participate, if I see any needs of it.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Negative thoughts or positive thoughts, have the same emotional root.
How about analyze information on the data, not only emotional values?
zuckerman

Post by zuckerman »

Russ wrote:
zuckerman wrote:Hey Russ where did your targets go, the ones you had posted a couple of days ago? I wanted to comment on them..
Russ wrote:You forwarded my e-mails to someone else and by accident you send it to me. Would you like to have I back? :)
It is about integrity. You cannot steal it from me, you can have it only if you intention is honest. Good luck!
lets see now, what Privileged Information did I forward that has russ calling me dishonest,, lets see now.. what was it?.. oh yes I found it,,, an ADVERTISEMENT from russ, wow! what a surprise! although I'm at a loss, I was unaware that advertisements for a business were privileged information, why are you calling me dishonest?

excerpt from "russ" forwarded email ad: I would like you to choose smart and sign up for the advanced class for the initial price I offered to you in 2011.

no thank you...
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Russ wrote:Negative thoughts or positive thoughts, have the same emotional root.
How about analyze information on the data, not only emotional values?
Since I've already transgressed in posting even the fact that I've communicated with John Robinson (looking way back in my private messages I see that I promised not to do so over a year ago... I'm sorry John, guess Russ pushed hard and I broke that promise in my reacting), and since you've thanked me for mentioning John here... I'll mention just one more thing about John Robinson. Just because you want to "analyze information on the data."

John Robinson first shot an AP in November of 2009. On that first day he shot a 500 score. Before that day, John had shot, he thinks, maybe 100 rounds, between rifle, pistol, and shotgun, in his entire life. Those are the facts.

John is, by the public record of his many accomplishments in many fields where he is expert, the kind of person who excels at everything he picks up. I've met only a couple of people like this, such as a young man who picked up a guitar for the first time, and within half an hour was playing popular songs he'd heard on the radio and gathering a crowd with his beautiful playing. Or the young woman, only 17, who had already built a highly innovative guitar, and during the summer had taken a backpack and a chainsaw out into the woods and built herself a cabin, and was when I met her that August being sought after by professors of architecture for her visionary work in a highschool drafting class. I've met a few besides these, and all shared the same traits; an excited and passionate nature, and the ability to totally commit to and focus on the task at hand if it was interesting enough. I've often had people question that I was able to become so skilled a luthier without having attended any school or apprenticeship, only studying at the library and working on my own, but I shared that passion and focus, so it is not in the least bit surprising to me that within a year of starting my professional business I was doing work for the top players in our symphony and opera orchestras. Dedicated, passionate interest is key in building talent.

John came to you already a gifted, if novice shooter. Please show a little respect by not claiming excessive credit for his talent, and avoid making general statements about your personal success as a trainer in so doing. Tell us about students who took more average periods of time, like 6 months, before they even shot a 500 score, tell us how those average shooters went to 570 AP within 3 months under your wing.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Gerard, I like John a lot,
He made the right decision to come for my two days class. I know who he is.

At this moment, I have a few more individuals on training that will super pass John’s achievement in different ways.
No one heard before what John did. He did it because of one of his abilities to process information toward making successful decisions.
He posted on "TT" a few times before he came to me. ;)

He achievement is unique! My respect John!