practice

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Not today
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

I see you have a lot of potential and energy. It is good. A lot of people can use your deep thinking.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Never thought of that
Last edited by Greg Derr on Fri May 04, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

@Russ
Unfortunately i have no comment for you that you will understand properly.

@Greg
You mentioned a book by Norman Peel a few posts back. Would you share the title please. Also in the interests of expanding my knowledge what other reading could you recommend?

@Gerard
If you treat your approach to shooting as you would to repairing the fine instruments in your line of business then im sure your shooting will progress, by that i mean concentration, attention to detail, and not to rush things. My brother is a cabinet maker and some of his best work was always when he could see it was time to take a break. I read from past posts you have had surgery on your shoulder recently. I can comment from experiencing a displaced shoulder and broken collarbone that it could take any where up to 3 years to regain full fitness in that region depending on many factors ie age fitness at time of injury and current fitness and rehabilitation program. I wish you all the best with your recovery and shooting.

On a more broader note.. The improvement and progression of man in his quest for knowledge and perfection is the sharing of knowledge. That knowledge is then taken by the next man looked at and improved upon. That is the way mankind has evolved else we would all still be living in caves chasing our dinner with a club!!@
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Remmy223: Norman Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking. Also try With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham.
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Thanks Greg.
I have Lanny's books, they started me down the path of a different way of thinking and iv not looked back since.
zuckerman

Post by zuckerman »

Hey Russ where did your targets go, the ones you had posted a couple of days ago? I wanted to comment on them..
Russ

Post by Russ »

It is nice positive message remmy223.
I well aware about positive thinking, psychology of achievement and cognitive psychology.
Seems to me you are a wise person remmy223, why you are hiding your talent by only 22 contributions?
I will be happy to see real help from real professionals here, not only who struggle and jumping from one model of pistol to another, because they are on the psychological trap.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Russ, the eyesight question? Do you normally wear glasses. I would recommend glasses witha focus point of 44 inches to 48 inches depending on arm length. If you have a good relationship with your eye health professional see if you can pring in your air pistol for some trial and error of lenses. I thing there was a Dr. Wong on this forum or the bullseye forum who speacialized in working with shooters.

Also if the ratio of fron sight to rear sight is too large you may be getting some ghosting of the sights which could result in those non center shots.

Keep at it, you are on the right path.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Greg Derr, you are the Salesman, you are making living of guns sales. You opinion cannot be independent even you have some achievement in the past as an athlete. Take a brake.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Would you like guys to discuss next topic: "How to run successful social media like bog or forum?"
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Russ- you never mentioned what gun you are using, do you think that matters. You can't "buy" points with a new gun. I would work through your issues before you start looking for a new one. You said you only had it a few weeks.

Keep you focus on the shot plan we laid out for you, be patient please.
Russ

Post by Russ »

80-70% of any National Olympic style target shooting team is Army or military personal.
They have all necessary sources (paid time, shooting facilities, coaching help, and medical help… etc).
It is completely stupid to be dependant only on local gun club instructor or coach and dream about respectful score performance and International achievements.
Do what leaders do! Copy and paste they successful approach!
If you do not have all those sources, it is not my problem.

Forum will not solve any issues.
Help must be directional, based on personal needs (level of performance, level of psychological strength to perform under pressure, health level and ability to make most effective decisions).
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

You can't give in like that. Keep a positive attitude. Work hard and make it your mission to succeed. The other 30% did, so can you! How much do you want it?
Russ

Post by Russ »

If you have any aspirations, go and collect experience from successful achievers. Take clinics, seminars: John Zurek, Brian Zins, Ed Hall, Patrick Haynes etc.
No one from this list is ever questioning my posts. I respect their contributions and can say their inputs valuable for competitive athletes.
Last edited by Russ on Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Russ

Post by Russ »

Greg, your achievement is 80% of your coach Don Hamilton’s time invested on you.
Take a look what are you doing here?
I have nothing to say for you.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

I would like to say 100%, but I got help from plenty of other too. We should all be helping one another. " A rising tide lifts all boats"

Now on that new AP you are having trouble with. I would shoot it more before you throw in the towel. A good craftman never blames his tools for his mistakes.

Keep up your training.
Russ

Post by Russ »

zuckerman wrote:Hey Russ where did your targets go, the ones you had posted a couple of days ago? I wanted to comment on them..
Mr. "zuckerman" is it you who visited me in 2010 and progress in two and half month from the level of 540 to 572?
How many shots you did in my initial practice 14 or 15?
I have very good resolution of your initial performance.
Who also can make such promise as I did for you to reality?
When you left me, what is your scores at this moment?
Did you go up?

You forwarded my e-mails to someone else and by accident you send it to me. Would you like to have I back? :)
It is about integrity. You cannot steal it from me, you can have it only if you intention is honest. Good luck!
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

That's the spirit. Train hard Russ, it may take more time than some, less than others depending on you ability to train and pay attention.

Are you training today? Have a training plan before you go to the range?
Please avoid just shooting a few shots, you need to develop the sub conscience to make shooting a more instinctual process.

Cheers :)
Russ

Post by Russ »

Yes Greg, I need you expertise on this image. Is it promising enough for your opinion to score 572 after 2,5 month from this level?

http://midwestacademyconsulting.wordpre ... following/