Walther GSP early "new" two stage trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Markthemarksman

Walther GSP early "new" two stage trigger

Post by Markthemarksman »

Hello,

Can anyone help me? I have a early GSP Walther "new" two stage trigger made of machined brass instead of the cast one and the trigger weight is not constant, it varies with every shot!

Any advice on how to remedy this or is this a fault on this old model?
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Just a thought.
Is the spring in place?
Markthemarksman

stripped the unit and spring is not broken and sits within the hollow pin and is located with a conical grub screw so it is very difficult for it not to be in place.

But thanx anyways

This was one of the first production of Walthers "new" two stage triggers so you can see the frame is made of machined brass and not cast steel as the new ones now are. So I am worried if there was a problem with these trigger units and that is why they now make them from cast steel, or is it just more cost effective to cast?
Markthemarksman

Trigger Diagram
Attachments
Trigger Diagram
Trigger Diagram
j-team

Post by j-team »

Check the screw that holds the aluminium part and the brass part together is tight (It's the large countersunk screw in the top at the back).

I suspect the reason they changed to a cast steel one piece housing is becasue of movent between these two parts.
Markthemarksman

Stripped and cleaned the whole trigger unit and it was quite dirty. cleaned pins from first and second stage and removed Sear Engagement screw (33), sadly I then realised I needed to have divided the two components of the trigger before removing this screw so I have damaged the thread on the brass bit where this screw is.

Lesson learned DO NOT REMOVE THIS SCREW (33) BEFORE DIVIDING THE TRIGGER UNIT IN THE TWO MAIN COMPONENTS FIRST!

Does anyone have a spare brass part where the adjustment screws are housed?
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hiya,

Check with Earl at Earl's repair service, (www.carlwalther.com) I have a brass trigger on my GSP, It was "vague" like yours, he fixed it right up.

Tom
Markthemarksman

Tom wrote:Hiya,

Check with Earl at Earl's repair service, (www.carlwalther.com) I have a brass trigger on my GSP, It was "vague" like yours, he fixed it right up.

Tom
Hi tTom and thanks for the help but I am In Gibraltar Europe ! A bit far away from Earls and it would cost more to post than to buy a new trigger from Germany.
But hey thanks anyway for the post.
scausi

trigger

Post by scausi »

Hi what do you mean it is not constant, as it is only a spring and that wont change from shot to shot unless it broken other than that it can only be the sear contact or if you have taken up all the play in the trigger bar (screw 22)if you take up all the play that will also cause inconsistant firing. Or have you already broke the trigger, and yes i have the same trigger /pistol as you
Markthemarksman

Hi Scausi,

Well after cleaning up all the bits it now seems to be much better and feels much more constant.

I still have to shoot some more with it and also get used to the new settings. I have now set the first stage a bit harder so to have a lighter second stage.

Trigger is not completely broke. The thread on screw 33(hole) has some damage but is holding ok for now. Might need to replace that part soon thou.
Do you know any site with step by step setting guide and adjustments for this specific trigger?(by the way it is not exactly like the one on the picture sorry)
Thx
scausi

trigger

Post by scausi »

i posted the manual on the bullseye section a couple of days ago, (adjusting walther gsp expert trigger) cheers Steve