Experience with Advantage Arms/Bob Marvel Custom Conversion

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dlb

Post by dlb »

Good to know. Thanks.

BTW do them make a version of the Unity 1 w/ adjustable sights as well? It's not clear from their website whether the Unit 1 is available w/ the same sight option as the Unit 2.
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

yeah, it looks like they have an adjustable sight rib, a scope mount only rib and a combo rib - scope and adj. sights.

click on these:

http://www.marvelprecision.com/2002pics/u1-asrib.png

http://www.marvelprecision.com/picatinny.php

Somehow there's a way to be able to use the open sights under the scope.

I just use the scope mount for an Ultradot.

Once you get the grips/feel and weight you want and get a really shootable trigger you'll have a very precision firearm.
TCNTN

New Marvel 22 conversion

Post by TCNTN »

I have purchased the new Marvel 22 conversion unit. I got mine through Nighthawk because I wanted to deal with a company that I knew I could get service from. Based on what I see on Nighthawk's site, they are tied in with Bob Marvel now. Not only do they sell his 22 conversion but they also sell 1911s made by their gunsmith who trained with Bob Marvel. They also are using Bob's latest invention the 'Everlast Recoil System' on some of their models.
I have heard it said that Bob is an inventor first, gunsmith second and business man third. I think that is based on the number of companies he has been tied to over the years.
About the current conversion. It has Nighthawks name on it and says 'designed by Bob Marvel' It locks back. I recieved the first one in May last year. It did great until the state tournament in Sept when the firing pin broke. I contacted Nighthawk to get some firing pins. They wanted the unit back. They said they would send another. A few months later the conversion unit was no longer for sale on their website and there was a recall notice saying they would refund the full purchase price. I went to Marvels site and it said the unit was being redesigned and a model II unit would be out soon. Marvel's website still has that notice but Nighthawk now has it for sale again and has inventory now.
I got mine about 2 weeks ago. I sighted it in and fired 50 rounds of CCI SV through it with no problems. I took it to a match the next day. At the match I used Wolf match ammo and had a few FTFs and FTEs during slow fire so I switch backed to CCI and no problems. It seems to be as accurate as my model 41 based on that days score.
Since then I'vd put another 100 rounds of CCI through it and then tried the Wolf again. This time 50 rounds of Wolf went through with no problems. I am happy.
I would reccomend the conversion unit and I would reccomend getting it through Nighthawk.