Infos about FAS 606

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Funny Farmer

Infos about FAS 606

Post by Funny Farmer »

Hi all,
does anyone have experiences with the FAS 606 pneumatic pistol? Particularly I would be interested in weight and pull difficulty - is it suited for junior shooters? I could not even find a data sheet online, this gun is quite scarce on the web.

Robert
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

If by "pull difficulty" you mean "trigger quality" then it was extremely good.

It was based on the 605 Free Pistol (which never made it to general sale) with the addition of one leaf spring.
Funny Farmer

Post by Funny Farmer »

David,
thanks for the help. Actually I meant the difficulty (strength?) to load the gun using the pneumatic pull handle. Is there a better word for this? Please excuse my insufficient English..

Robert
j-team

Post by j-team »

David Levene wrote:It was based on the 605 Free Pistol (which never made it to general sale) with the addition of one leaf spring.
Does a picture of the 605 Free pistol exist out there somewhere? I'd be curious to see what it looked like?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I imagine the cocking effort on the FAS 606 will be similar to the FAS 604, maybe a tad easier due to the longer handle.
Attachments
FAS 606.jpg
FAS 606.jpg (31.35 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
Funny Farmer

Post by Funny Farmer »

Thanks for the help.

I assume the 604 seal kit might fit the 606 too. Regrettably their website only shows the 604 it seems. I wonder was there any major drawback that the 606 is so scarce?

Robert
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

j-team wrote:Does a picture of the 605 Free pistol exist out there somewhere?
I doubt it. I only ever saw a rough finished prototype. That was about 25 years ago so I can't remember much about it.
FredB

Not so fast

Post by FredB »

Funny Farmer wrote:Thanks for the help.

I assume the 604 seal kit might fit the 606 too. Regrettably their website only shows the 604 it seems. I wonder was there any major drawback that the 606 is so scarce?

Robert
Even though the 606 and the 604 have the same basic design, their internals are significantly different and they take different seals. And while I have never cocked a 604, I can tell you that the 606 is quite difficult to cock. In addition it's quite easy to get a nasty pinch while doing so. Still, IMHO the 606 may be the most beautiful 10M pistol ever made, and, as David said, the trigger is superb (it also allows for dry firing, which the 604's does not). I too would like to know why it is so scarce, but I would suspect the cost of producing such a gem out-stripped what FAS could charge for it.

FredB
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I had read somewhere in the Internet saying that the seals in the FAS 606 were not as reliable as the FWB's. This was one of the reasons of it's demise. Only a small percentage of customers decided to try the pistol and when FAS noticed that the sales was not going well, they decided to discontinue the 606...

I have to disagree with Fred, the most beautiful of the 10M pistols in my opinion would be the FWB 103.
WSmith

Post by WSmith »

Back in the mid 1990's I owned and enjoyed a FAS 606. It was used when I bought it, and within a few months developed bad seals. However, this post has renewed my interest.

Currently, there is a FAS 606 - with bad seals - for sale on e-Guns, with just over 24 hours remaining for the auction.

Has anyone ever purchased an airgun from e-Guns, and did it involve "jumping-thru-hoops?"
backpack

Post by backpack »

WSmith wrote:Has anyone ever purchased an airgun from e-Guns, and did it involve "jumping-thru-hoops?"
I bought an LP@ air pistol from eGun.de last fall. The seller told that no shipping company in Germany was willing to ship it to USA. He told that he tried DHL, UPS, DPD, Paket Shop, FedEx, American Army. He was ready to send the money back to me. Fortunately, my relative was in Europe and we were able to avoid a cross-Atlantic shipping.

xoom.com, xe.com could be used for fast money transfers. (They do the transfers from US to outside, but do not work in the opposite direction. You will need to use some other options for a money-back transfer).
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I wonder if that's due to political intervention or due to rampant theft at US ports of entry. It's a real shame.
FredB

clarification

Post by FredB »

Just to clarify what Backpack said, it's not that the shipping companies won't ever ship airguns to the US, it's that they won't ship airguns from an individual to the US. Obviously German airguns get here in numbers, but apparently they usually come from commercial sources. If anyone knows of a way to get around this, so that an individual seller can ship an airgun here, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

FredB