Another Trailside related question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

76Olympian

Another Trailside related question

Post by 76Olympian »

I bought my Hammerli Trailslide several years ago and the slide has never stayed back after the last shot. I have not sent it back to Sig Arms to be fixed and its probably too late now after so many years.

Any idea why the slide will not stay back after the last shot. Has anyone had the same problem? If so what is the fix?
PFribley

Trailside

Post by PFribley »

I have 2 of them. One does and the other one doesn't. Some say it is a magazine related issue. The one that won't stay back after the last round will stay back when you insert the magazine and jack the slide. But will not stay back during fireing!!! I had Larry Carter look at mine at Camp Perry last summer. He couldn't fix it. Had no answer to the problem other than, some do ,some don't. Maybe he didn't want to spend any more time on it. There are two different magazines for the Trailside. One has a small notch in the side. The other has a larger notch. One of my Trailsides will use either magazine. The other will only use the small notch one. The large motch one just falls out. Go figure. I guess if you have on that stays back. Keep it!!! LOL

Re: Another Trailside related question

Post by Guest »

76Olympian wrote:...the slide has never stayed back after the last shot...
The slide stop lever on some of the SIG Trailsides had a lot of free play preventing the lever from reliably catching the slide notch. SIG would replace, or tighten up the lever's rivet. With any auto, the problem can also be caused by a weak magazine spring.

Apparently, it's not an issue with the Xesse production currently being sold. Maybe someone here who owns both would do a visual of the lever and describe the differences.