OGIO Bags

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

farriers4

OGIO Bags

Post by farriers4 »

I have 2 kids who shoot and have begun to travel. When they started shooting we bought them Pelicans and now that they are traveling alot , well its to hard to take the pelicans. We were just at the JO's and saw that alot of the girls had the OGIO bags. Does anyone know what style bag works best for someone who shoots Air rifle and 3-P SB?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

For my beans & rice budget those are quite expensive.

My $0.02: My daughter Rachel, goes down the highway about once every 2 years or so and buys a large roller suitcase for $25-$30 at the Family Dollar or some such. Don't get it too big or you'll be back in the boat where they can easily cram more than 50 lbs into it.
smckenna03

Post by smckenna03 »

If you are a member of USA Shooting you can get into a thing called Promotive and they sell Ogio bags and other cool stuff at a great discount, they most common bag used from Ogio is the Rig 9800, it looks like it holds everything great!

If you can't find how to get to Promotive I would give USA Shooting a call and they will tell you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Post by Guest »

I shoot both Air Rifle and 3-P Smallbore, and I use a 5.11 Tactical Mission Ready rolling duffel (I have version 1, they just changed to a version 2).

The bag has large grab handles on the top, both ends, and one side. It has a shoulder strap, but also has wheels. You can carry or drag.

I can fit my scope stand, offhand stand, boots, tons of other gear in the main compartment, and the top compartment is large enough for my coat to fit without folding the back panel on the coat.

I've not yet put it on a plane, but it has made it through a year of collegiate shooting and a summer at Camp Perry.

It's pricey, but durable.

-Abi