HARDBALL - Doing it right.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Lonegunman has some very good advice. Everything he posted, I have found to be true.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Along with lonegunman's list, shut out other peoples comments. That related to "lost in rapid".

One time I had a very decent SF and then TF. My scorer and I went about business with little comment. On the way back from scoring TF, the dang RO commented to me "Nice target". Ding ding ding bells went off in my head and thoughts of having to shoot a good RF started. So rather than going about business, my mind was gone in RF.

Yes, it is a mental game. What you think or say, or what your scorer says, can affect your shoot. Or what that recently strangled RO had said.
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

What helped me with the ball gun was a load I got from Neil the bullet guy, NSK.

Zero jacketed bullets over 4.2g VV N310. It ransom rested in my Kart barreled Kimber 2.0" at 50 yds.

The best part was it felt just a bit heavier than a wadcutter load, way noticeably lighter than the white box military hardball.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Funny thing loads are....

A few years ago I loaded up some 230fmj with 4.0gr WST and they shot great with moderate recoil. Then for practice I used the same 4.0gr WST but with 230gr cast bullets. The recoil is noticibly stronger with the cast bullet and seems to be getting stronger over time. Has me perplexed, but I've only got 200 rounds of it left, I'll be done with it soon.