Anschutz 1813 supermatch sear engagement vs bolt lugs

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

mangusta

Anschutz 1813 supermatch sear engagement vs bolt lugs

Post by mangusta »

My 1813 with Madco barrel has a very tight close to the bolt which is largely caused by the firing pin spring. When closing the bolt, the sear engages when the bolt is pushed forward, and then is compressed further as the lugs slide into the slots.

I shoot benchrest and find the force required to open and close the bolt is excessive and disturbs the rifle, and wanted to know if I could move the trigger assembly forward to reduce or remove the extra load on the sear during the initial engagement of the lugs?

I know the 18 series pins are lighter than earlier models, so this might reduce the impact, but at the moment, the firing pin makes a very deep impact on the rim. Can anyone else with a 18-19-20 series tell me if their rifle also engages the sear before the lugs? You can tell by the rear of the firing pin pushing out more as the bolt handle is turned down...
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

It adjusts. Move it and try the ammo you are going to be using to insure it fires reliably.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

To echo Mike the holes for the trigger retaining bolts are actually slotted, so it can be moved fore and aft.

The trigger is in the correct position if the cocking pin does not move when you close the bolt. The handle and end cap will go forwards just a tad, but the cocking/firing pin won't.