Manurhin - MR 32

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Ernie Rodriguez

Manurhin - MR 32

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Manurhin MR-32. S/A-D/A 32 S&W Long Caliber.Nils grip installed. Comes with 2 extra rear blades,conventional grips-handles any length cartridge. For ISSF/BE shooting-etc,etc. Just got it and in process of slugging bbl and loading some HBWC-1.3grs/N310 powder.You don't wanna know the price :-) Cheers
Attachments
Manurhin 2.jpg
Manurhin 1.jpg
Last edited by Ernie Rodriguez on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Yes, and ...?
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

LOL. Yes, and the price is????
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Ah, I see. Just showing off.

Truth is, if I just got such a pretty new toy, I'd show it off too. Good luck with it!

Roger
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I owned the same setup Ernie. Probably the most accurate target pistol I have owned. I used 1.1 gr. of vvn310 and a 98 gr. hbwc.
The KN grip made it a perfect combination.
Leon

Post by Leon »

Congratulations !

I have one as well - and they are truly magical.

Now you need it's bigger brother, the MR38, to keep it company.....
MFR

Post by MFR »

deadeyedick wrote:I owned the same setup Ernie. Probably the most accurate target pistol I have owned. I used 1.1 gr. of vvn310 and a 98 gr. hbwc.

I made my own grip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKkWvbHtrzo

//MFR
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

From what I can see MFR you have done well. Do you have any other pictures showing the grip in more detail ?
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I own one & can't shoot it.
I'm missing the very small "T" nut that holds the rear sight in place.
Anyone know where I can get one.
I've emailed the factory without success.
Dennis
MFR

Post by MFR »

deadeyedick wrote:From what I can see MFR you have done well. Do you have any other pictures showing the grip in more detail ?
I will take some pictures and post!

//MFR
Ernie Rodriguez

Manurhin MR-32-Owners Manual

Thanks for responses. Sadly,I did not get an information/owners booklet with my pistol.My importer/Manurhin representitive tried to get one from from Chapius Armes,the manufacturer,but the copy was very poor.If anyone has a decent copy of an owners booklet/manual for this pistol and would email it to me I would be very happy.Thanks in advance.Ernie
TB

Post by TB »

I have a MR32 with Rink grip. I was never really into centerfire before I got the Manurhin. Now it is still a secondary deciplin for me but I really love this revolver and enjoy shooting it very much. With the Rink grip it just makes it perfect for me and I am never going to depart with this gun.
Spencer

Re: Manurhin MR-32-Owners Manual

Post by Spencer »

Ernie Rodriguez wrote:Thanks for responses. Sadly,I did not get an information/owners booklet with my pistol.My importer/Manurhin representitive tried to get one from from Chapius Armes,the manufacturer,but the copy was very poor.If anyone has a decent copy of an owners booklet/manual for this pistol and would email it to me I would be very happy.Thanks in advance.Ernie
It is fairly skimpy at only four pages - try this link http://www.chapuis-armes.com/img/chapuis/MR73.pdf
Leon

Post by Leon »

TB wrote:I have a MR32 with Rink grip. I was never really into centerfire before I got the Manurhin. Now it is still a secondary deciplin for me but I really love this revolver and enjoy shooting it very much. With the Rink grip it just makes it perfect for me and I am never going to depart with this gun.
Rink grip? Interesting... Both my Manurhins are fitted with Morinis as, for me, they were a better fit than the Nills.

I didn't know Rink made grips for these......
TB

Post by TB »

Leon wrote:
TB wrote:I have a MR32 with Rink grip. I was never really into centerfire before I got the Manurhin. Now it is still a secondary deciplin for me but I really love this revolver and enjoy shooting it very much. With the Rink grip it just makes it perfect for me and I am never going to depart with this gun.
Rink grip? Interesting... Both my Manurhins are fitted with Morinis as, for me, they were a better fit than the Nills.

No the Manurhin grip is not on Rinks website so I did not think he made them either. I did a google seach though and found the pictures in this link http://www.letirsportif.com/t10039-cros ... n-38-match . After that I just wrote to Thomas Rink asking for the Manurhin grip and it was no problem at all, got it in black/red. Same price at his other standard grips. Strange though that it is not on his website when he went through the trouble og making the template??
Leon

Post by Leon »

TB wrote:
Leon wrote:

No the Manurhin grip is not on Rinks website so I did not think he made them either. I did a google seach though and found the pictures in this link http://www.letirsportif.com/t10039-cros ... n-38-match . After that I just wrote to Thomas Rink asking for the Manurhin grip and it was no problem at all, got it in black/red. Same price at his other standard grips. Strange though that it is not on his website when he went through the trouble og making the template??
Thanks for that information. I'll be writing to Mr Rink as well....
Ernie Rodriguez

Manurhin MR-32

Thanks for all the good advice people-especially from Spencer and the link he supplied.Dave Wilson-32 guru sent me his internal bbl mike to check out cylinders.I shot a Lapua HBWC at a very low charge through bbl (.1grs) and measured groove diameter-it was .313 at widest point (slugged). Measured cylinder chamber throat (cylinder forcing cone???)-was about .316 on all of them.On reloading setup-original Redding die expander measured .313 and I suspected it might be deforming the soft HBWC bullets. I am presently testing Speers,Lapua,H&N-all approx. 98grs.Also a 115 gr bullet (SWC) with a nose very similar to the H&G #68 FB and a 115gr RN bullet from a H&G mold.The molds drop bullets at .315 dia. I will size them at .3145. so far.In conjunction with a chronograph and possibly a Ransom Rest (if I get the correct insert) I will accuracy test using BE,N310 and probably WST powder. My target velocity will be 600 to 750 fps. One of my personal goals is to see if heavier bullets(115gr) are accurate up to 50 yards and to see if the bullets display the slight instability (grease marks) that some HBWC display.Thanks again for all your help. Cheers Ernie
wdbaobei

Post by wdbaobei »

a nice prescision session the other day

Post by MFR »

I have now tested a little bit harder loads in my MR73 32WC. 1,55gr VV N310, cci primer, greased HN314WC and Magtech brass. Have not yet test in ransom rest, but got a very nice group during a 30 shot precision practise the other day.

295p. whereof 13 inner tens. (as usual, I shoot on a reused target, if somebody is wondering about the five sitckers)

The recoil was just slightly harder, but I still got a very nice feeling.

//MFR
Attachments
a good session
a good session