Morini 162 E manual - in English. Got it - Thanks JiriK!

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
NikNak

Morini 162 E manual - in English. Got it - Thanks JiriK!

Post by NikNak »

I was able to score a nice Morini 162 EA (German) with a fixed cylinder. The only problem is that I don't read German & the manual is in German ....

Does anyone have a Morini 162 EA or EI with an English manual that can be scanned for me?

The 162 EA manual is pretty redimentary, so if anyone wants a scanned German version .... I can oblidge.
Last edited by NikNak on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Others, like me, will be confused by this request.

I thought the 162EI had a removeable cylinder.

If that's what you want then you can get the manual straight from the Morini web site.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

What do you need a manual for? There's nothing to adjust on a 162 anyway ;-) Or learn some german, it's not THAT difficult - when we buy something from the states, we don't expect the literature to be in anything else than english, either.

If the frame says "EA", it should have the removable cylinder. But that's a five minute operation, somebody probably switched the parts with a 162E.
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

Tycho wrote:Or learn some german, it's not THAT difficult - when we buy something from the states, we don't expect the literature to be in anything else than english, either.

If the frame says "EA", it should have the removable cylinder. But that's a five minute operation, somebody probably switched the parts with a 162E.
My parent's came from Nederland. They have an issue with the Germans that goes back a few years. :-)

I have been told that to convert from the fixed to a re-movable cylinder, the regulator must be upgraded and the cylinders are $175US ea ... I'll shoot it as is, but I would like to know how to discharge the cylinder when at rest. Not sure I want to just push on the valve.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Mail Morini.ch, they offer you all support you need.
yana

Post by yana »

The old 162 E has a fixed cilinder. The new IE has a removeable one.
Hi I'm from Holland as well.
Try a google search. They're all over the new those downloads usually.
Or, indeed, looks at the morini site. Maybe they have a download section.
I would change to removeable cilinders anyway. Not worth the $$
I think, pressing the valve will be yr only option. As shooting it empty isnt an option, as the safety will kick in at 80-90 bars. (mine is an old 162 E as well)
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No practical way to empty the cylinder on the 162E, AFAIK.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why would you want to empty the cylinder? I don't know of anyone who does that.
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

Rover wrote:Why would you want to empty the cylinder? I don't know of anyone who does that.
Ruby & Art Fox mentioned the need to dump the cylinders at the end of the day. They may not have been speaking about the Morini at the time, but I don't have an English manual to confim. My Hammerli 480 provides a bleeder with the unit for that purpose and in the manual it says to empty the cylinder when not in use.

I have been told the cylinders are good for around 200 shots & I don't know how many people actually train/compete whith that many shots in a day .... see my confusion?

I have also seen similar statements regarding removing the cylinders from my AHG 8002 rifle when not in use..... something about extended pressure on the regulator. If I recall, Pilk has a similar statement on their website regarding leaving full cylinders attached to the guns when not in use.

Since I travel for work, my training is sporatic and thus they can sit for weeks, months before I get back to them.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

NikNak wrote:Ruby & Art Fox mentioned the need to dump the cylinders at the end of the day.
My 162EI is over 10 years old.

Since I bought it, the only times it has been without a charged cylinder for more than 10-15 seconds have been when it has been away for service.
David M

Post by David M »

Fixed tank Morini's date back to the mid-late 90's, you may need to concider an upgrade to a new removable tank simply because of its age.
The conversion is fairly simlpe, contact Morini.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I've never emptied a cylinder in my life, and there's a good dozen pistols lying around here. So I wouldn't worry. And with the 162E fixed cylinder, at least the manometer won't blow out. So if you're not shooting competitions (where the 20 year rule might be an issue) and you don't need the comfort of the removable cylinder, no need to upgrade. Or you could traing up to 590, go to a world cup and get the parts for free from Morini ;-)
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think your last sentence is the most appropriate.

Go NikNak!!!!
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

Tycho wrote: So if you're not shooting competitions (where the 20 year rule might be an issue) and you don't need the comfort of the removable cylinder, no need to upgrade. Or you could traing up to 590, go to a world cup and get the parts for free from Morini ;-)
I guess i won't need Morini to give me a convertable unit until 2014 or so .... :-)
JiriK

Post by JiriK »

I have CM162E with fixed cylinder. Pistol was bought new in sept. 1993 and it came with english manual. I have a scanner too, so pm email address if a scan is needed.

Conversion kit to removable cylinder costs 400€ here.. It´s a lot less than the price of new pistol, but I´m going to buy a new pistol anyways.
(Here´s one used 162e for sale :D )
yana

Post by yana »

I dont bleed ány pcp (or co2 for that matter) when not in use.
Ónly time I bleed, is when I have to sent a pistol off for repair (or when its sold).
I agree that filling the E can be more hassle cause you have to turn the whole pistol, but a QR fitting can cure that so I've been told.
As long as yr pistol doesnt leak, keep it as is.
When it start leaking, all seals should be replaced, you cán do it than.
I didnt by the way. I sent it off to Morini, they serviced it, ánd put a new date on the cilinder.
NikNak

Thanks to JiriK I have an English manual

Post by NikNak »

This discussion can be listed as "closed."

JiriK scanned and sent me an English copy of what I needed.

Results in under 24 Hours ... wow - great forum!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Yeah! And you learned not to fret your constant bleeding.