Correct Pelets for a Morini 162 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

Correct Pelets for a Morini 162 EI

Post by K38 »

My 162 came from the factory with a one hole test taget specifing 4.49mm HN Finale Match pellets. The problem is I don't know is they used the light pellets of the heavy pellets..Are the light pellets just for single strocke pneumatics or are they for all pistols.

I live out in the sticks and I don't really have anyone to ask,

Thanks,
Dwight
David M

Post by David M »

Use the heavier pellet, either 4.49 or 4.50 in the HN or RWS, they will be fine.
yana

Post by yana »

Mine like Finale match rifle.
But try and you'll know.
If yr looking for the most accurate pellet; the testcard doesnt need be the most accurate. The test with limited pellets, only to show the pistol meets their standards.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Use the light pellet. It will work better.

Better yet, use RWS Basic; they're cheap!

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=30593

viewtopic.php?t=30011&start=0
BEA

pellet choice

Post by BEA »

Buy some pellets from Pilkguns and start shooting to simply get used to your new Morini. I shoot both light and heavy pellets out of my Steyr and can't tell any difference in my scores. Inquire as to what Scott has and go with it. Don't get hung up on searching for the perfect pellet but rather spend that time and energy practicing.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Read Scott's post about this issue, he has made his opinion clear several time. Then forget about the pellets, just buy some that look nice, and don't cost too much, and invest the money in something else. If you're above 580, and looking for an addition psychological advantage going into the Olympics final, it might be useful to talk to some RWS sales rep, but probably not before.
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

My Steyr test target was marked as having been shot with 4.49 pellets. Rather than try to reinvent the wheel I just use what they used. I am sure they had their reasons for the selection.

I use JSBs due to price and availibilty. I think the average shooter would be unable to notice a difference between any of the brands of match grade pellets.
Rover

Post by Rover »

To Coastwatcher: I don't know where you're located, but in the U.S. JSB pellets are NOT commonly available OR cheap.

As far as factory testing goes: they try whatever happens to be laying on the bench, and if they get a good group, out the door it goes. If they don't get a good group, they try another pellet. They do NOT do pellet testing on each gun.

As Pilk has frequently said, there is more variation from batch to batch than from any other source.