Varga or Knobloch

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

silentfury214

Varga or Knobloch

Post by silentfury214 »

Hey everybody,
I recently got some advice to try out some shooting glasses and I wanted to know your opinion on both Varga glasses and Knobloch glasses. I shoot both 10m air rifle and 3 pos smallbore. Also, I am not rich, so the varga's will be better for my budget, but if the knobloch's are worth the extra money, i can splurge to get them.
jmessina

Varga v. others

Post by jmessina »

I just went thru this myself. Asked team members what they used. I went with Varga from Pilkington. Very happy with choice. No regrets.
EricP

Post by EricP »

When I started shopping for my glasses I did not know that Knobloch had a lower end model. The only one I was aware of was the model that Champions Choice carries. I called Neal Stepp at ISS and he set me up with the entry level model Knoblochs. I think they are about $140 without the lens. You can check out knobloch's website to compare models but from I could see the main difference was that the lower end model nose piece does not adjust. But since you can adjust the lens this lack of adjustment has not been a problem.

EricP
Misny

Post by Misny »

I have both brands made for pistol shooting. I have used them for several years. They work equally well. If you get a chance, check out the Champion Olympic glasses. They seem to be beefier than either the Varga or Knobloch.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

How would I go about finding my lens type? Is there a way to do it by myself, or do i need to see an optometrist?
matchguy

Post by matchguy »

silentfury214 wrote:How would I go about finding my lens type? Is there a way to do it by myself, or do i need to see an optometrist?
Talk to Neal Stepp. He can walk you through it and he can get lenses for you as well. I bought a bunch of lenses from him for both Knobloch & Champion glasses.
Gnr527

Post by Gnr527 »

silentfury214 wrote:
How would I go about finding my lens type? Is there a way to do it by myself, or do i need to see an optometrist?

Lots of good information on this forum - do a search for shooting glasses and you should come up with all the leads you need

John