2213 discontinued????

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BAtarget

2213 discontinued????

Post by BAtarget »

Is the 2213 ALU stock discontinued??? I cant seem to find the stock being stock by any major company. Is it still around??
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

As I understand it, the 2213 was superseded by the 1918/2018 Precise stock a couple of years back.
The 2213 cast Aluminium stock had a number of failures (that I know of) due to sudden trauma (being dropped?) and were generally unrepairable once broken. The machined aluminium Precise stock seems more robust. Time will tell.

Ken.
jhmartin

Re: 2213 discontinued????

Post by jhmartin »

BAtarget wrote:I cant seem to find the stock being stock by any major company. Is it still around??
Have you tried Neal Stepp with ISS?. He's dug up quite a few "out of current production" rifle for us in the past.
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

thanks guys. ill try Neal
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

If you are looking for a 2313 stock, I have one for sale.
Contact me at jhconst@msn.com i just noticed that you were looking for the 2213 not the 2313. You would need an adapter to use the 2313. Sorry.
NikNak

Post by NikNak »

KennyB wrote:The 2213 cast Aluminium stock had a number of failures (that I know of) due to sudden trauma (being dropped?) and were generally unrepairable once broken. The machined aluminium Precise stock seems more robust. Time will tell.
Ken.
That was the early knock against the aluminum stock since other manufacturers were still using wood... and yes, a few broke when dropped. I bought an aluminum stock for my 1413 in 2004 and it has served me just fine. The only 10s I miss are my fault and not the stock. They came out with the machined units shortly after i bought mine, but mine was more the "2nd generation" where the tang was thicker on mine than the earlier ones that had broken. I agree that the billet machined aluminum ones are probably a little more secure, but I wouldn't pass on a used cast one if available. I've only seen one guy throw his rifle down range and he quit shooting shortly thereafter.... dropping the rifle isn't a concern.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

The problem seemed to be more about traveling by air plane and finding the stock in two pieces when you got to your desination. I know Ron Wigger went through 3 of them.

I was shopping for a new 3P rifle at that time and bought a 2013 in a Grunig stock rather than deal with a stock that breaks in half.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"