Sight Alignment

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Zoomies

Sight Alignment

Post by Zoomies »

Is there a fixture or device available I can use to make sure the front and rear peep sights are perfectly aligned and also square and aligned to the bore of an air rifle? I have an AA S200.

Thanks.
GCSInc

Yes

Post by GCSInc »

Depending on your sight blocks / bases (round or flat) you can use square material about 12" long to align or assure that the sights are square to each other. I'll take some photos Friday if you don't have a better answerby then.

Roy
(678) 772-8185 cell
Zoomies

Re: Yes

Post by Zoomies »

GCSInc wrote:Depending on your sight blocks / bases (round or flat) you can use square material about 12" long to align or assure that the sights are square to each other. I'll take some photos Friday if you don't have a better answerby then.

Roy
(678) 772-8185 cell
I was thinking along those lines just using some square stock and clamping it on the site base. Something already engineered would be the ticket but anything you can contribute would be appreciated.

Thanks
Simkovitch

Post by Simkovitch »

I don't understand the question...

If you shoot with it and it hits the point you're aiming at, what more do you need to align?
Zoomies

Post by Zoomies »

Simkovitch wrote:I don't understand the question...

If you shoot with it and it hits the point you're aiming at, what more do you need to align?
The front sight mount is held by a set screw and is not perfectly verticle. At 10 meters its no problem but any further and I run out of horizontal adjustment on the rear sight. I think there may be an issue with the rear sight as well and have ordered a better sight but i want to eliminate the possibility of the front sight being rotated left or right.