Pardini problem

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

xeye

Pardini problem

Post by xeye »

I was shooting my Pardini SP New 22 when I felt the trigger "out of place".

The retaining pin backed all the way out except for 1/8 inch.

Anyone experience that?
That ended my day at the range. I went home and was able to line the pin up and put it back in. Seems to work ok in dry fire.

What do I do about that? Ignore it?
davekp

Post by davekp »

Call Pardini USA in Tampa . They were very helpful to me. 1-813-748-3378.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

You might try a drop of Lock-Tite. I would look for formula 222 - it is easy to break loose and works well on tiny gun screws as well. If you can't get it locally, McMaster-Carr has it on line.

Roger
xeye

called pardini in FL

Post by xeye »

"....wow, never heard of that happening before...."

Blue Loctite-sparingly-was the suggestion....is that formula 222?

They also told me that I should change the recoil spring and buffer every 7.5K rounds.

I have about 35K rounds through the gun. Does anyone else do that maintenance? How often?
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I believe that 222 is a milky blue. If the mating parts are carefully degreased, it is very effective at holding but I can still break loose even tiny set screws without ripping up the heads. And considering that there should be very little room between the pin and the hole, anything more than a film is going someplace else. So, yeah, sparingly.

As for Pardini never having heard of it, I suppose that's possible. If it happened to me, I would have dosed it with Lock-Tite, tapped it back into place and not bothered calling Pardini unless it was a new gun and it happened again.

Just make sure that there is some friction holding the pin in place - I don't have a Pardini, but it sounds like it shouldn't just slide through. It is possible for the pin and hole to both be within specifications but be at "minimum material condition" which would produce less of a press fit than if they were both nominal, but there should still be some friction in the fit.

Good luck -

Roger
tuj

Post by tuj »

You might try Gun-tite - its made by Locktite and is blue. Works well on small screws.