IZH-46m routine maintanence

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tuj

IZH-46m routine maintanence

Post by tuj »

Hi all:

Just got one of these pistols and I was curious what your maintenance routines are? How often do you oil the pistol and when do you replace the seals? I got some special oil but I'm not sure where the lubrication points are, any tips?

Thanks!
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

You can find the 46m manual online easily.

Most recommend a couple of drops of oil every 500 pellets or so on the underside of the air cylinder - you open the pump lever all the way, turn the pistol upside down, and put oil near the partially exposed seal ring towards inside of cylinder.

Also an occasional drop of oil on the linkages of the pump lever.

Other than that, I just wipe the pistol with a very lightly oiled rag after each shooting to remove finger prints and oils. I also just use a a very lightly oil Q-tip to clean the mouth of the chamber to remove any oils/salts from my fingers as they load pellets.

I use Ballistol for most cleaning duties and Pell0il for lubrication.
tuj

Post by tuj »

Perfect, thank you! I lubed mine today, used RWS oil from pyramid air. I put a drop on the transfer port as well and could feel it getting sucked inside as I opened the pump lever.

This pistol is great! Too bad they didn't put better grips on it.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

If you want better grips, go to work. I used a Dremel tool on mine, but I had to be very careful since it removes material very quickly. 100 grit paper and a little patience will work just as well. Do some finish sanding down to 320 or so to smooth it out and you have a custom fitted grip. I managed to increase the rake by removing material at the top of the grip allowing the web of my hand to move forward and filled in some gaps with wood putty. It was finished with some raw linseed oil that was around from a previous project but any sealant would work. It ain't pretty, but it wasn't that pretty to begin with and it fits much better now.

Roger
tuj

Post by tuj »

@Roger - Yeah I took a dremel to the grips right away when I got the gun and put some finger grooves in it and took some of the sharp edges off. Still working on getting a perfect fit though.
Jetter55

Post by Jetter55 »

tuj,

I have grip "kits" for sale if you're interested...

viewtopic.php?t=32772&highlight=