Bore Guide for FWB 2602?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Alanlib

Bore Guide for FWB 2602?

Post by Alanlib »

Hello.
I am looking for a bore guide for my 2602.
Anyone know of a company that sells them?

Thanks Alan

Alanlib@mac.com
Alanlib

Post by Alanlib »

Need a Bore guide...anyone?
Bueler?
bigbud22

Post by bigbud22 »

I have a FWB2700, not sure exactly what the difference is between the two but my bore guide is made from Centra and I ordered it from shootingstuff.co.nz, they were friendly with me and there was no problem shipping to the US. The red bore guide matches the red handle on the pro shot cleaning rods and looks good.
Alanlib

Bore guide found.....

Post by Alanlib »

Thanks Bigbud.
I believe it is the same action and a different stock according to my local EX Beeman Manager Don Walker. I have the Red Aluminum stock on my 2602 the red bore guy would be nice....love that rifle! FWB rocks!

I found one at : http://www.brenzovich.com/
George had them on hand in the Great state of Texas!

Thanks Alan[/url]
coolcruiser

bore guide vs bore snake

Post by coolcruiser »

A little off topic but I use a a pistol cleaning rod with a nylon brush to clean the chamber on my (red) 2602. Then pull a .22 bore snake with kroil on the two brushes thru to clean the bore. The barrel is left perfectly clean. Good .22 ammo doesn't leave much debris behind anyway so cleaning the bore is a simple chore. I never liked the idea of a steel rod sliding along the bore for simple cleaning and a chamber guide won't completely eliminate the contact of the rod with the bore. On the 2602 the bigger cleaning choe for me is to remove the front sight adapter and clean the ID of carbon buildup. FWB recommends that this not be allowed to accumulate much carbon. Not sure why?
Alanlib

Not at all off topic...

Post by Alanlib »

I have a bore snake as well.
I have been using a carbon fiber rod /brass jag with cotton patches soaked in Break free for the duty in favor of the snake and the break free soaked patches.
I keep the carbon rod free of dirt so as not to grind the bore.
Seems to do a great job.
Concerns with the bore snake is the contact with the crown of the gun when pulling it thru.

The carbon rod jag combo was suggested by the wise men at my club.
Monkey see monkey do kinda thing.
I push thru as many break free soaked patches as needed until clean then a couple dry then a final lightly soaked for good measure to keep things coated...?
They love me at my gun shop :)
Welcome to move ideas....
My guns are spotless and shoot bug holes...
They look as good as they shoot :)

I want the best tools for the job...Thanks for the insight.
FWB rocks. Anshutz is a great tool as well.....

Alan
Alanlib

Not at all off topic...

Post by Alanlib »

oops double post
bigbud22

Post by bigbud22 »

I have been using a polished stainless steel rod and I clean it after every pass. I like polished stainless steel because it's hard surface is less likely to pick up debris.

Does anyone suggest using and know where I can get a Lowey bolt protector for the FWB 2700?

Thanks.
Lowey

Post by Lowey »

Does anyone suggest using and know where I can get a Lowey bolt protector for the FWB 2700?
Highly recomend using one, Drop us an email lowey@skymesh.com.au we will help you out

Cheers
Lowey