Fienwerbau are the price worth it?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

nanook2.0

Fienwerbau are the price worth it?

Post by nanook2.0 »

Looking at jumping in with both feet and getting a new FWB P700 ALUM, Looks like the price will be around $2,800. Was hoping not to spend this much, but will these hold their value. I am wanting to puchase this for my son, who wants to go the colligate route and only want to buy one rifle and not keep upgrading. Any Thoughts out there on the quality of FWB. I have not had any luck finding any used P700 Alum.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

The reason you cant find used ones because nobody wants to part with them.

They are good rifles. But make sure to handle one first. I cant stand the stock on it, but I use the action.
matt
Chicken-Farmer

Keep looking, you won't be dissapointed

Post by Chicken-Farmer »

Early this summer we found a gently used FWB 700 Alum on the board here. The rifle is for my teenage daughter. The rifle is awsome! The stock has so many adjustments that anyone can find a perfect fit. I love shooting the rifle myself.
You will pay close to new price for a used rifle because generally speaking these rifles are taken well care of and don't "wear out" per say. But what you will get with a used rifle are a bunch of accessories from the previous owner that can really add up.
Stock up on a sleeve or two of pellets and some Kruger targets and you will be set.

Chicken-Farmer
cnjcomp

Post by cnjcomp »

Yes they are, until the next great innovation takes place. Like everything else buy for the use & pleasure today. Not the investment.
Happy Shooting
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

At my club Walthers seem to have a good following but I've seen a few FWB 700's to include a Junior, Aluminum, and Evolution at some matches. One feature I like about the 700 is the built in sight risers. The Aluminum version I saw had a homemade cheekpiece on it and a Tec-Hro sight extension tube. This made me question if the rifle has the capability of extending the factory muzzle weight out. I use a Walther and the front sight/muzzle weight can be extended out to the maximum length so there's no need to buy an extension tube. I would have liked to try some other brands before I bought mine but overall I'm happy with the value of the Walther. If I had to purchase a new rifle today, besides a 700 I would also consider the Steyr LG110 and the Walther LG400 for the price.
Best Regards,
Vinny
nanook2.0

made the leap

Post by nanook2.0 »

Thanks for the advise from everyone. We made the leap and purchased a new FWB 700. My son is very excited to get started. Thanks again.