P700 Dry Fire Problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

txjm

P700 Dry Fire Problem

Post by txjm »

My daughter is having a problem with her P700. The sear releases occasionally when she goes from dry fire to fire. I can't really get it to repeat but I have seen it happen to her. She fully opens the cocking lever and then when she moves the dry fire switch the cocking lever jumps forward just like if you were to pull the trigger when the cocking lever is open.
chrisk

Post by chrisk »

I remember seeing that happen once on a buddy of mines 700. I think his first stage was set extremely short and he had to lengthen it a little. I may be wrong though, I will find out.
randy1952

Re: P700 Dry Fire Problem

Post by randy1952 »

txjm wrote:My daughter is having a problem with her P700. The sear releases occasionally when she goes from dry fire to fire. I can't really get it to repeat but I have seen it happen to her. She fully opens the cocking lever and then when she moves the dry fire switch the cocking lever jumps forward just like if you were to pull the trigger when the cocking lever is open.
Call the gunsmith at Pilkguns and he can tell you what adjustments you need to make on the trigger. They are leaving for the Trials on the 23rd and won't be back until the following week.