FAS 604 rear sight blade

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
k9jri

FAS 604 rear sight blade

Post by k9jri »

I received a new FAS 604 Sport from AOA yesterday and the rear sight blade was slightly bent. I was able to straighten it but it is still apparent that it had been bent. AOA would have replaced the gun but mine was the last one they had in stock. Since the 604 was otherwise perfect I declined the replacement as the wait would be over a month.

The sight blade is FAS part number 249 or 250. Not sure which as the notch size is not marked on the drawing I have. Can a replacement for this sight blade be obtained here in the USA or is FAS in Italy the best place for me to go?

As for repair of the existing blade... The upper corner of the blade was bent but was easily returned to its original shape with thumb pressure. It was bent far enough to leave a slight curve or ripple in the metal which is still slightly visible. What technique might I use to completely straighten this thin metal sight blade?

Mike
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I would suggest asking the supplier to obtain a replacement sight for you. (I have a FAS 604 bought second hand,excellent pistol.)
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I don't think there is a way to remove the ripple completely. It should not be in focus when you shoot anyway, so some way to make the sight a dead flat black might reduce the distraction. Birchwood Casey makes a spray on sight blacking, or you could just use a candle to smoke it until a replacement arrives.

Roger
k9jri

Update: sight blade problem solved by FAS

Post by k9jri »

I just received an email from Domino SRL (FAS) saying that they are sending me a replacement blade free of charge.

That is excellent service!

Mike
k9jri

Post by k9jri »

I think you are right. It is not visible nor distracting when shooting. It is distracting when just admiring the pistol though. I have emailed FAS in Italy (Domino) and explained the issue. They will probably take care of it directly. I understand that in addition to good pistols they also have excellent service.

Mike

RandomShotz wrote:I don't think there is a way to remove the ripple completely. It should not be in focus when you shoot anyway, so some way to make the sight a dead flat black might reduce the distraction. Birchwood Casey makes a spray on sight blacking, or you could just use a candle to smoke it until a replacement arrives.

Roger
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Well, yeah, a shiny new toy should look new and shiny. I'm glad that FAS is taking care of it for you quickly.

Have fun with it!

Roger
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I just received an email from Domino SRL (FAS) saying that they are sending me a replacement blade free of charge
Excellent news. Good to hear they are on the ball.
slofyr

Re: FAS 604 rear sight blade

Post by slofyr »

k9jri wrote:...The sight blade is FAS part number 249 or 250. Not sure which as the notch size is not marked on the drawing I have. Can a replacement for this sight blade be obtained here in the USA or is FAS in Italy the best place for me to go?...
FYI, Larry Carter has started importing the FAS 604, so he may have parts. http://www.larrysguns.com