Ross Precision
5%
Jeff Madison
26%

Total votes: 19

BAtarget

New rifle stock ideas?

Post by BAtarget »

Im own an Anschutz 1813 super match rifle. It has the original 54 action barrel on it as well as the original stock. Ive been thinking of replacing the old wood stock for something with more adjustments like a sliding and cantable cheek piece as well as the ability to move the entire buttplate left or right. Ive seen models by Ross precision, Competition shooting stuff, intershot, and Jeff madison.

http://www.rossprecision.com/products_stock.htm

http://www.accurateshooter.com/stocks/r ... -in-tuner/
(Jeff Madison stock)

http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/id14.html

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Rifle_Stocks.html
(System Gemini)

The stock needs to follow all NRA, NRA International, USA, and ISSF rules. It also needs to have 3-p capabilities. Any other suggestions or recommendations? Please feel free to ask me any questions or put a different stock out there.
Attachments
Intershoot model : System Gemini
Intershoot model : System Gemini
Competition shooting stuff model : AN-1
Competition shooting stuff model : AN-1
Jeff Madison stock
Jeff Madison stock
Ross Precision Stock
Ross Precision Stock
Stock4sm.jpg (6.97 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Brenda Lightner

new rifle stock ideas

Post by Brenda Lightner »

If you buy another stock for your Anschutz and you decide to sell the wood 1813 stock, keep me in mind. I need one for a Jr. shooter.
Please email me at: tllight@verizon.net. Thanx
yana

Post by yana »

Voted Gemini. With Ross as second place. Didnt like the AN. Looks more militairy with colour than target..
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Well my 1813 is in a Gemini stock so that gets my vote. But that's because it fits me very well and adjusts pretty exactly as I want it to. I would have preferred the Walter anatomic but it just proved impossible to buy.

Rob.
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Madison hands down, the best.
justadude

Post by justadude »

There is more to this whole thing than just looks.

How big are you?, how big are your hands?, how big is your budget?

You have not mentioned the MEC, the Anschutz precise series or FWB. Walther Anatomic was mentioned (Rob I believe) and can be purchased with the adapter so the round Match 54 action drops right in. On the subject of Walther the same adapter that allows the Match 54 to bolt into the Anatomic also allows bolting into the regular KK300 stock.

There is also the sleeper out there, the Anschutz 1914 stock, a somewhat scaled down version of the 1913 stock with the precise cheek and updated buttplate.

Note both the Walther Anatomic and Anschutz 1914 are wood, some folks consider that an advantage.

While you are looking at the flashy stuff I will note that Sergei Martynov and Eric Uptagrafft (top two prone shooters in the world) both shoot pretty standard Anschutz xx13 stocks. If you are shooting 3P then I suppose that does not count for much.

Sorry, no vote here, without knowing more about your size, resources, needs and abilities it is pretty hard to make a recommendation.

Good Luck,
'Dude
justadude

Post by justadude »

Oh yeah, if you really like to spend money then you could also look into a Grunig & Elmiger or however in the heck you spell that.

'Dude
jkuna

Post by jkuna »

Does anyone know where to buy Walther's adapter for Anschutz round action ?
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

I am a mature adult and do know better, but I cannot resist responding. A bunch of the top rated current shooters on the planet (Earth) are using an 1813 stock. If you want a new stock, get one, but the quest for the best is fruitless.

Also, original poster mentioned using the rifle in 3-P, some of the stocks suggested clearly would not be "best" for all positions.

Dennis L
justadude

Post by justadude »

@jkuna,

This does seem to be a mystery. From the discussions I have heard on this you order the Walther stock for a particular barreled action and you get the stock with the appropriate adapter but the adapter is not listed separately.

Perhaps Neal Stepp at I.S.S. could shed some light. (817) 595-2090

@dlinden
You make at least two votes for keeping it simple. I do find the whole idea of posting some stocks and asking for a general user vote to help me pick one to be completely new and amusing way of selecting shooting equipment. Probably kind of expensive too. : )

Cheers,
'Dude
justadude

Post by justadude »

@jkuna

Sorry, I just noticed you are in Croatia. Neal Stepp is located in Texas, USA so might not be of much help. My Bad.

'Dude
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

dlinden wrote:I am a mature adult and do know better, but I cannot resist responding.
Brilliant Dennis, I may have to steal that to use as my signature...
BAtarget wrote:Ive been thinking of replacing the old wood stock for something with more adjustments like a sliding and cantable cheek piece as well as the ability to move the entire buttplate left or right.
Would I be right in thinking that you have the older 1813 (not the one with the armadillo type hook) which goes up and down, slides left and right but doesn't rotate left and right?

My wooden stocks both have upgraded buttplates, cheekpieces and bedding - that's another option...

Otherwise,
for me, Jeff Madison's stock is the most interesting due to the inbuilt tuner. Endless scope for fiddling...

Ken.
jkuna

Post by jkuna »

@ Dude,

Thanks anyway, every help is a help.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jkuna wrote:Does anyone know where to buy Walther's adapter for Anschutz round action ?
Have you tried Walter themselves or a Walter dealer.

Rob.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

jkuna wrote:Does anyone know where to buy Walther's adapter for Anschutz round action ?
Well, I am not sure about the other stocks, but the Walther Anatomic can be had for the 54 action. At least it used to be able to, I haven't checked in awhile.
Matt
jkuna

Post by jkuna »

Rob.

Walther dealer said that I have to buy complete stock for round action, but since I allready have Walther kk 300 in alutec stock I vas interested to buy adapter only.
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

The pictures i posted are ones that i looked at and were interested in. I dont want the precise stock because my friend went to Perry last year and had to shoot prone with his off hand block in front of the trigger guard because the officer deemed the trigger guard unsafe due to the fact that it isnt a complete, wrap around guard.

price is not an object. I want to get different opinions on what i saw (and posted) as well as other ideas and possiblities.

I dont care about looks, i care about the capabilities of the stock. I do realize that many world cup and top shooters around the world use the anschutz wood stock. But for 3P, im quite limited to what i can do to make the rifle fit my position.

im 17, 5' 11'' and weigh about 190lbs (im a lazy rock). I AM STILL GROWING (keep in mind). I have large hands with thick fingers. my trigger finger is 3 inches from the knuckle and my thumb is about 2 1/4 inches from the knuckle. The circumference of hand is 8.5 inches and my hand span is exactly 9 inches. hope this helps

Thanks for the input guys! keep posting

Again, feel free to express your opinions about other stocks as well. I am open to try any one of them.

BAtarget
Attachments
This is not my rifle. I own this type of stock with the original 1813 supermatch action and barrel
This is not my rifle. I own this type of stock with the original 1813 supermatch action and barrel
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

the buttplate in the above photo is the same as mine.
mbradley

Post by mbradley »

I have Jeff Madison's stock. It is excellent. There is no comparison between his craftsmanship vs the cast aluminum of the German stocks. When you look at them side-by-side, it is stunning. He is a real pro.

Best,

Michael Bradley
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Anschutz precise stock is cnc milled not cast. As are the new Walther stocks, as are G&E and as are the new FWB stocks. Most European makers are now using CNC produced stocks after learning lessons with cast aluminium fracturing.

Asking for opinions on which stock is best is not really relevant as its YOU that will be using it.

Next Match your at id suggest looking at what other people are shooting and perhaps respectfully asking if you may handle their firearm that way your can form an opinion on whats best for you.

After all you dont buy shoes without trying them on first do you?