180gr load?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

keith

180gr load?

Post by keith »

Lookin for some info here. Ive got some 180gr H&G 68 type bullets comeing from Penn Bullet . What would be a good loading for the billets to start out with ? I got them for indoor 50ft & 25yds . I have BE and clays on hand .....gun has a slide mounted ultra dot and I have 10 & 11 lb recoil springs .

My thinking is to stay on the light side with these bullets ...But any info would be helpful.
Rover

Post by Rover »

What the hell do we know? Do some tests.

You have two good powders; try a series of different charges and see which is most accurate and if it functions the gun well. I'd start with 3.5 grains and go up.

There is no other way.
keith

Post by keith »

Rover wrote:What the hell do we know? Do some tests.

You have two good powders; try a series of different charges and see which is most accurate and if it functions the gun well. I'd start with 3.5 grains and go up.

There is no other way.
I understand I must test....But what harm did it do to ask ?? someone may have a load that works good for them with 180gr bullets .....Damn if it pissed you off that much why bother to repond....?
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Keith;

Looking in my notes...
For short line(25yds)
3.6-3.7gr Bullseye
3.76gr Solo 1000(I know, not your powder, but in my notes).

My loads as of now are:
Long line(50yds) Zero 185gr JHP=4.38gr Clays
Short line(25yds) Valiant 160gr LSWC=4.45gr Solo 1000

I use a 12 pound recoil spring.

Dont mind Rover/ Roger, he is the way he is...

Clarence
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

Load some over 4 grains of your Bullseye and go shoot.
keith

Post by keith »

Thx ,
C.Perkins and marvelshooter
Rover

Post by Rover »

Keith, I'm not pissed. I'm just telling you what you must do. There are no "magic" loads out there.

I once tested four different guns from a Ransom Rest. No two would shoot the same load. Some loads wouldn't work all guns, either.

Sorry.
Ernie Rodriguez

45 Loads

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Actually you can use any load that is permissible for the 185gr 45 cal bullet-just keep away from maximum loadings and test for accuracy.Cheers
Ernie Rodriguez

45 Loads

Post by Ernie Rodriguez »

Actually you can use any load that is permissible for the 185gr 45 cal bullet-just keep away from maximum loadings and test for accuracy.Cheers
keith

Post by keith »

Rover,
didnt think you was actually pissed ..... but the what the hell thing kinda threw me a tad ...no problem....I understand I must test as all guns have a prefered diet......but from what Ive found there are well established loads that just seem to work as long as the gun is good like
3.9 clays /200gr Lswc / .469 crimp
3.8gr BE / 200gr /,469 crimp....

and the same goes for 185 gr loads......I myself have intention of useing these 180gr bullets for indoors 50ft &25yds as well as being kinda soft to help me get the feel of the .45 ....I have no trouble with slow fire and 200gr loads ...but man Timed and rapid fire ...I'm not recovering fast enought and I jerking the trigger ......so I'm hopeing that my 180gr load will help me to work thru this........as always I tend to ask people of more experience what theyve worked with and see what works to give me a starting point.........so I'm not trying to work with something out in left field somewhere........I'll load some 180's at 3.8 BE and 3.7 clays and see where it goes....I'm kinda trying to move away from BE as its just to dirty for my likeing......My gun has shot 1'' @ 25 with clays so thats the direction I will go for now.......take care K