Showing Pulse on Scatt

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GaryD

Showing Pulse on Scatt

Post by GaryD »

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to detect pulse on the scatt software.
I dont know if it is possible to do this as I am a novice to the system.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

If you can't just see it causing the trace to jump around... try setting the control time to 5 seconds and looking at the speed graph.

You might see something like this:

Guess where the heartbeat occurs.!.

Ken.
tenring

Post by tenring »

I sure cant see my heartbeat like that. Guess that is a good thing.???

how do you post those pics? Maybe I can show off mine.???

tenring
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

tenring wrote: how do you post those pics? Maybe I can show off mine.???
I upload them to "Photobucket" and then link them into my posts using the img button.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Hi Kenny,
Thanks for posting those pictures they sure show the pulse trace up really well, all I have to do now is learn how to control it.
I have expressed an interest in a Scatt course that Rutty hopes to run later this year so I can learn more about the system, but if he does not run it I dont know what I am going to do.
As far as I know there are no courses available in the UK on this system.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

I have expressed an interest in a Scatt course that Rutty hopes to run later this year
I hope to have the date sorted out by the end of next week.

Rutty
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

Ken -

There is actually a delay between the heart beat and the pulse transmission to dfferent parts of the body. I once actually computed these transmission times which are based on distance (from the heart to different body parts). Given that the pulse movement will be communicated to the rifle through the left hand, right shoulder and sling contact points, the impulse measured will be an aggregate of all these points with some contributing more or less. It was an interesting but ultimately uselss exercise on my part.

Dennis L
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Hi Dennis,
my usual trace shows a small pulse which is pretty random - maybe half the X ring. That's when training. What happens under competition conditions is completely different - unfortunately.

The trace I posted was from an experiment with sling placement - low sling doesn't suit me. On the other hand, you can see/feel the pulses so it's easier to shoot between them.

One of the guys I'm trying to help initially had a pulse that caused the POA to jump from one side of the 9 ring to the other...

Regards,
Ken.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Rutty wrote:
I have expressed an interest in a Scatt course that Rutty hopes to run later this year
I hope to have the date sorted out by the end of next week.

Rutty
I hope it's not in June as I will probably be on holiday in the South of France where this time I am going to look for a shooting club to see how they do things over there.

Garyd