Need to adjust take up on my Walther GSP trigger.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Trooperjake

Need to adjust take up on my Walther GSP trigger.

Post by Trooperjake »

I cannot figure out how to adjust the take up on my Walthet GSP, it is a late model, pre expert, but I believe the trigger is an expert model, 1000 gm.
I have the manual, but there is nothing about the length of pull. I also have a 1350 gm trigger that is original, and it has a lot less travel.
I like the travel for the 32 and would like to have the same on the 22.
John J

Trigger adj

Post by John J »

Hey there

try looking at this and see if it helps....look at #21

http://www.carlwalther.com/two_stage.htm

hopes it helps

John J
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

John:
I tried that screw, all it does is lock up the trigger.
I have the expert trigger, and have been told I cannot make it a single stage.  I have been told only the trigger that has the trigger hinged from the bottom will work both ways.
Thanks, 
Marty
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

Hi,

I don't have anything to offer on the 'Expert' trigger, but wasn't aware that it was fundamentally different from the later trigger used on the 'pre-Expert'. Incidentally, the earlier trigger blade is supported from below, but hinged from above - just a case of Walther making things complicated ...

Do you have the manual (available to download from Walther, although it takes a bit of finding)? The instructions for effectively eliminating the second stage are in there, but need a bit of head-scratching to tease out. I assume that you are trying to achieve a single-stage trigger, with minimal movement: it can be done.

If you screw screw 33 in, the second-stage plunger is withdrawn from contact with the sear. Walther talk about this reducing sear engagement, but this is misleading. The trigger weight is now determined solely by screw 31. Sear engagement is adjusted by 21. If screw 33 has been unscrewed so far that it no longer engages correctly with the second-stage plunger (look at the pic), take out screw 32 and the spring and winkle the plunger so that screw 33 engages with it correctly.
scausi

trigger

Post by scausi »

try this
Attachments
walther_gsp.pdf
(833.43 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Scausi:
Thanks for the advise, but I found out my trigger is not adjustable as a single stage, they have a separate trigger for single stage.
Marty