Pistol Cleaning

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
trevorw

Pistol Cleaning

Post by trevorw »

I have a new Pardini SP 22 and was wondering how many rounds on average before cleaning recommended

Thanks
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Both mine and my wife's will go close to 1000 rounds before they act up. A lot can depend on how dirty your ammo is, and every pistol is a little different.
1971BJW

Post by 1971BJW »

I find with mine that when it starts to have a few 'failure to feed' malfunctions it's time to clean and that is roughly around 1000, but in saying that it is probably good practice to give it a quick pull through after each match and a quick brush on the bolt face as well. Detailed clean around the 1000.
yana

Post by yana »

Usually, when I just got a pistol, I try and find how badly it gets dirty: first I clean after 3 boxes (150 rounds), than 5/6, etc.
Usually, its not necessary to clean within 10 boxes (500 shots), depending on ammo. And even thán its not really dirty yet, so can be more.
Just try it out for yrself and yr ammo.
mika

Post by mika »

How do MG2 and MG4 owners do their "detail cleaning"? So far, I'm surprised how little gunk ends up in the mechanism, but at some point, I'm sure there will be more than I want to keep. The pins holding the parts together are really tight, and feel like they are not intended to be taken apart every now and then. Also, especially with guns with electronics like MG2E, you don't just dip them in a solvent to get out stuff you can't access. I wouldn't even spray anything on it. The manufacturer warns against even using oil and recommends a gun grease.

So far I have just noticed that the amount of gunk just gets into a kind of dynamic equilibrium, if you simply clean the exposed parts of the mechanism every now and then. The same amount gets carried out that goes in. Are others just relying on this as a solution?

Mika