CM162EI - short removing the rear sight extension

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
A74BEDLM

CM162EI - short removing the rear sight extension

Post by A74BEDLM »

The CM162EI is listed as having the same sight radius as the long. Is it possible to remove the rear sight extension and fit a long grip (cut out on the short and the long is in different place due to rear sight extension)?

This would in theory give you a much shorter sight radius.

I appreciate that this is not to everyone's taste due obvious arguments vs reduced barrel lengths and Short sight radius vs Long I'm just curious.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

i believe it is possible. i have seen a long 162 with the extension and the grip from the short to get the maximum sight length. so a short 162 with the the extension removed is doable.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yep, no problem.
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

I created one last night with a friend's donor CM162 short and my CM162 long. Swapped Barrel and cylinders - kept the original long sight and grip. Was able to create a Short with a sight radius of 260-305mm. (I'm using the blow-back compensator from Interprodukter.se so different to standard compensator sight positions).

It's so much more stable and better balanced (for me) then the long and this was reflected in the grouping exercise last night at the range.