Reasonable amount of time for custom shooting clothes

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bdutton

Reasonable amount of time for custom shooting clothes

Post by bdutton »

Need some advice. I placed an order for custom made shooting clothes for my daughter (aged 12).

How long is reasonable to expect delivery.
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

Depends on the manufacturer. I had a pair of trousers made in about three weeks (AHG), a jacket made in about five or six weeks (Kustermann) and another jacket made in ten weeks (Thune) but have known of others waiting for a long time (Some as long as five or six months), and all of those were for Thunes.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I think KT is running about 12 weeks.

Would not surprise me if it gets a bit longer in the next few months as shooters ramp up to the Olympics, but I'm waggin' it there.
RobStubbs

Re: Reasonable amount of time for custom shooting clothes

Post by RobStubbs »

bdutton wrote:Need some advice. I placed an order for custom made shooting clothes for my daughter (aged 12).

How long is reasonable to expect delivery.
What did the supplier quote you for delivery ? I'd not be surprised at a month or two but it varies from company to company.

Rob.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I got a custom set of KT in 2003. Was measured and submitted the order in June, received the clothes in October. A few years later, a friend ordered a set in October and got them before Thanksgiving.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Really depends on who you order from, when you order it, and what you order. Not surprised by the story above, most Europeans take most of the summer off, so if you order in summer you'll most likely wait longer as they are shut down and when they do start up they'll have a backlog to catch up on too.
remmy223

Post by remmy223 »

Richard H wrote:Really depends on who you order from, when you order it, and what you order. Not surprised by the story above, most Europeans take most of the summer off, so if you order in summer you'll most likely wait longer as they are shut down and when they do start up they'll have a backlog to catch up on too.

2 weeks at most. Tho most jackets are made in the Benelux countries or the north of Europe and i'm not sure if they have shut-down weeks most companies have done away with this.

Lead times for clothing range between 6-16 weeks from receipt of order plus shipping time.
timinder

Post by timinder »

Richard H wrote:most Europeans take most of the summer off,
Oh really? I wish it were true!!
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The ones I dealt with in the auto industry in Austria , Germany, Hungary and Italy were like that. If we didn't get our stuff by June we weren't getting it till after July.
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

I am getting a new jacket from Mouche very soon.The owners name is Ursula and I have to say that I have had nothing but good things to say about them.I was told that there is app a four week wait at the moment.The one thing that they do for mtm gear is that they require photos of the shooter in underwear[shooting underwear]to get a basic body shape.I have also read only good things about people that have written reviews/comparisons.Their web site is sadly lacking but is under review now and will be updated in app two weeks I was told last night.Their contact details are on the web sight.Definately worth a look.
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Richard H wrote:The ones I dealt with in the auto industry in Austria , Germany, Hungary and Italy were like that. If we didn't get our stuff by June we weren't getting it till after July.
So you're comparing tailored mtm shooting clothing to the auto industry?

They do not take most of the summer off, but some manufacturers have a 2-week shutdown (usually in July or August) which allows a solid stretch for factory maintenance, refurbs, retooling or upgrading any equipment which can't go off-line when the lines are rolling.

Also, cars have to be shipped, so you have a fortnight's shipping time from Europe to North America to add in. Clothing would most likely be air-freighted so your delivery times are instantly cut from weeks to days.