Ambidextrous recommedation

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

climbandboulder

Ambidextrous recommedation

Post by climbandboulder »

I couldn't have a higher regard for the collective knowledge of this forum and would like to get recommendations that meet the following criteria.

Purpose: Informal (but highly competitive) 10m shooting
Needs: Ambidextrous stock (only stock need be ambidextrous)
Wants: I'm partial to old springer target rifles
Cost: < $500

I don't want to mess with compressed air or Co2 at this point and would rather spend the $$ on a much older precision engineered and machined rifle.

Multiple lefties and righties will be using this rifle.

Recoiless would be nice.

Thanks.
Simkovitch

Post by Simkovitch »

I personally hate ambidextrous stocks.
The grip is a compromise and is not comfortable in either hand.

I would recommend looking for a stock with an interchangeable grip, and an Ambidextrous cheekpice.

But I'm not sure you could find one that's not using compressed air and within this price range...
climbandboulder

Post by climbandboulder »

Thanks. I am truly ambidextrous but my son is right handed and right eye dominant. I ended up getting a nice Diana 60 Tyrolean that's still punching out factory spec fps in the right-handed version. That way we can both shoot right handed and I can fake left-handed shooting, given the forgiveness of the Tyrolean, which I have done successfully in the past.

I'm just excited to welcome such a cool piece of post-war engineering and manufacturing to my home range.

Then again I may decide to never let my son touch it and just buy him an IZH61;)