Target pasters dispenser

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

nockon

Target pasters dispenser

Post by nockon »

I just received my order of target patches but the roll is not threaded. I know if I do it right, they will self dispense. Anyone have a clear set of instructions on how to do this?

Cheers
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I've yet to find a dispenser that is quicker than going straight from the roll.

Just load a patch on each of the four fingers each time.
nockon

Post by nockon »

Thanks for the tip but I remember when I was in the military using those types of boxes and when they were fed properly worked really well.

Still looking folks if someone has the knowledge, please share...
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

Are you referring to the small cardboard box dispensers? If so, I could post a picture of the setup (but wanted to check to make sure I was thinking of the right thing before I went through all that work. ;) )

Thanks,
Ted
nockon

Post by nockon »

Yes, the little box with the roll in it. Would really appreciate a pic.

Cheers,

Claude
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

Here it is. The strip from the roll comes out of the box at the corner but then is held against the side by a tab on the box that closes down over it, causing the strip to make a sharp angle at the corner which is what causes the paster to peel off. Looking at two new boxes I just got, they are larger boxes that don't have that tab, which is key. The new boxes are just regular plain-Jane boxes, so if those are what you have I doubt they can be set up to self dispense.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ted[/img]
nockon

Post by nockon »

Yes same box as you have. Thanks for the picture. Was there a piece you had to cut off at that exact spot where the patches come out? I tried that way but that piece I'm talking about was getting in the way. It appears from your pic that you ripped or cut that tab out.

Cheers,
tedbell

Post by tedbell »

No, I didn't have to cut anything off - they actually came set up that way. But I just looked at the box and noticed those tabs you are referring to are there on the inside just under the box lid- the one on that side is pushed down inside the box flat against the side.

Thanks,
Ted
nockon

Post by nockon »

OK, thanks a lot for helping out Ted. Much appreciated

Cheers,

Claude

Post by Guest »

Go to the post office and purchase a small plastic dispenser for a roll of coiled stamps for about a dollar. The entire package easily fits in the dispenser, it is very small, and feeds the pasters through a small slot.
nockon

Post by nockon »

But do they half come of as it is the case with the box they come in?

Cheers,

Claude
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

if you have it set up OK the patch starts to peel off the backing paper