Why all the advertising in here for golf??? nft

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
philip_T

Why all the advertising in here for golf??? nft

Post by philip_T »

Why?
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Because spammers are idiots, so goes my guess.
markwarren

Post by markwarren »

Could the spam be removed by the mods?
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

markwarren wrote:Could the spam be removed by the mods?
It is. Do you see it now?

There is probably only 1 or 2 people working as moderators, and being based in the US all the spam that happens overnight is left till morning in the US.

Looks like they're working on implementing one of the generic anti-spam add-ons for this forum software too. For whoever is working on that, you can hide the SPAM folder below from view of all but yourselves, makes for a cleaner look while retaining the functionality.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

markwarren wrote:Could the spam be removed by the mods?
It is, but it's irritating to see all those idiotic unwelcome posts when I click on the "view posts since last visit."
What I don't understand is some of them have 8 or ten views. Are some people actually buying what they are selling?
peterz

Post by peterz »

I am not buying, but sometimes I quickly click through all new posts in a forum in order to clear it out so I can easily see when the next post is made. I'm sure that click and 1 second dwell time of the spam on my computer count as a page "view."
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

peterz wrote:I am not buying, but sometimes I quickly click through all new posts in a forum in order to clear it out so I can easily see when the next post is made.
It's easier to use the "Mark all topics read" link at the top right of each forum.
peterz

Post by peterz »

David,

I must be needing new glasses more than I thought. I never saw that!

pete
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

David Levene wrote:
peterz wrote:I am not buying, but sometimes I quickly click through all new posts in a forum in order to clear it out so I can easily see when the next post is made.
It's easier to use the "Mark all topics read" link at the top right of each forum.
I don't click on that, however, the posts show as read the next time I bring up the web page even I don't read them.