FAS 607 problem

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dsim

FAS 607 problem

Post by dsim »

I having feeding issues with my FAS607. About once every clip it won't pick up the shell out of the clip I've tried different ammo but no luck. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Doug
FredB

FAS 607

Post by FredB »

The reliability of my 607 greatly improved when I substituted much stronger magazine springs for the weak factory springs. Roddy Toyota suggested this to me, and sold me the springs. You might try contacting him.

HTH,
FredB
Dr.Lee

Post by Dr.Lee »

My 602 would do that with ammo that had a long overall length and rubbed bullet noses on the inside of the magazine and hung up. Also the magazines may collect debris on this area of the magazine and cause hangups.
Check it out. Springs would help too.

Dr.
cleantarget10x

FAS Mag Springs

Post by cleantarget10x »

Hi,

The Domino/FAS pistols are/were some of the best Standard Pistols made,, in terms of accuracy and ease of shooting. The only weak point was the magazines. The fix however is really simple. Th mag springs are too weak to always raise the next round in position to be picked up by the bolt.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1104 ... pring-Blue

Order a mag spring from Ruger for a couple $. A single mag spring will do two Domino/FAS mags. Cut the Ruger springs so that you can Just load 5 rds into the Domino/FAS mag.

Hope this helps.
Roddy
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

US Ammo is usually slightly longer than Euro ammo and the FAS magazines are short.

Use shorter ammo.
Last edited by JamesH on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

+1

Fiocchi ammo is the shortest I've found and the only type to be malfunction-free in my 607. The magazines were probably designed for the stuff anyway...